How it all begun - Part 5

WRITER'S NOTE

Hiiiiii everyone! Appreciate all the reads, votes and comments so so so much! I will be updating every Saturday, but if the writing mood permits, will do it during weekdays too! Keep reading 'To The End And Beyond' and bring on the votes, comments, ideas, feedback, criticism! Love you all!

RECAP

The rest of the time passed quickly, with everyone enjoying the scrumptious Biryani, Kachumbari Salad, Jalebi and the traditional Lassi.

It was around 1 am when Aqsa, Ahaan and their father reached home and collapsed into bed, totally exhausted.

Ahaan rolled over and off the bed and hit the floor with an unbelievably loud thud!

"Hmpfffffmmmmsss" It actually sounded like that since he was totally tangled up in his blankets.

Aqsa was laughing so hard, she actually had to hold her sides, tears rolling down her face as she stood at the door, which she had unsympathetically banged a few seconds ago, rudely jolting Ahaan awake, causing him to miscalculate the distance to the end of the bed and land where he was now!

Ahaan popped his head out from under the blanket and groggily glared at his sister. "Since the cartoon show is over, I can peacefully get back to sleep now," he said, clambering back into bed, pulling the covers over his head and snuggling back in.

"Oh no you don't!" Aqsa grabbed the covers and pulled them off Ahaan. Ahaan held on tightly, not letting go. Aqsa pulled. Ahaan pulled. Aqsa pulled. Ahaan pulled. Well, you get the gist of the pulling *roll-eyes*. It looked like a mini tug of war with Aqsa standing and pulling from one side and Ahaan sitting on his bed, pulling from the other side.

"What wrong has my sleep done to you that you're depriving me of it so early on a Saturday morning?Ahaan grumbled, running a hand back over his hair and rubbing his eyes.

"For your information, big brother, it's past ten o'clock. Dad has been waiting for you to wake up. Says he has some really important news to share with us. I bugged him to tell me, but he said it's better to speak to both of us together. We've been up ages ago. So I gave you enough time to wake up, but when my patience was tested beyond limit, I decided to do the noble deed myself." She ended her rant almost out of breath.

Ahaan was fully awake now and since he had an idea from the previous night of the bomb shell that their father was about to throw on them, he wasn't looking forward to it at all. But he didn't want to upset Aqsa by showing her his mood, so he quietly slipped into the bathroom to have a quick shower, get dressed and go downstairs to where Aqsa and his father were waiting in the living room.

"Wow that was fast Bro!" says Aqsa teasingly. "You usually take ages in the bathroom. Sometimes I wonder if we've switched genders!" Ahaan just shrugged nonchalantly. "I'm starving. Aqsa could you please fry me an egg on a toast? I'll be forever indebted to you," he says with a sigh, placing a hand over his chest. Aqsa rolled her eyes at his melodrama, and headed to the kitchen.

As soon as she was out of sight, Ahaan turned to his father angrily. "Don't you think it's too soon for her to know about this?" he said, his eyes flashing. Amir sighed tiredly. "Ahaan, we already went through all this. I explained to you that it's better she finds out from me than someone else."

"And that's supposed to make it easier for her?" Ahaan asked scornfully.

Amir looked at his son. He could understand what he was going through. But he had to do this. Aqsa and Ahaan would come to terms with it eventually. He hoped.

"No it won't make anything easy of course. But Aqsa is a kind and compassionate young lady. She's far mature than girls her age. She will try to give me a chance. I request you to do the same." He says, looking at his son pleadingly.

Ahaan scoffs, but doesn't say anything more; just continues giving his father glaring looks.

"Andddddd breakfast is served!" Aqsa places the plate infront of her brother with a flourish. "Remember you're in my debt now," she tells him, winking. "Mmmm smells so good. I'll pay any debt for this," Ahaan says as he prays Bismillah (Prayer to begin eating in the name of Allah) and starts munching on his food. Aqsa laughingly says, "I'll hold you to that someday In Shaa Allah (God-willing)!"

Amir fondly looked at the banter between the two and sighed heavily. He knew what he was going to do wasn't easy......would not be easy...on any one of them. But he had made his decision, and there was no opting out now. He prayed in his heart for Allah to help him and all those who would be affected by his decision; and cleared his throat to begin talking.

"Aqsa, as I said, I have something extremely important to tell you. And I think we can do it now that Ahaan is here." He glanced at Aqsa, who was looking at him expectantly, then at Ahaan, who had taken to looking at his food as the most important thing for him at the moment, more to be oblivious to anything else.

Amir cleared his throat again. He didn't know how and where to begin, and since Ahaan was going to be of no help....obviously....he had to lay out his words in such a manner as to not terrify Aqsa of the changes ahead to come.

"Ermmm.errrr.Aqsa....please don't take this in a bad way...it's the circumstances which have deemed this to happen...and trust me when I say I'm thinking of is about yours and Ahaan's future...I hope you'll support me in this decision that I've taken....ermmm" Amir paused to rub both hands over his face. Aqsa stared at him, totally bewildered and confused. She knew he only did that when he was really nervous or apprehensive about something. She couldn't fathom what was putting him in this state. She looked at her brother, who was totally concentrating on his food and not looking anywhere else.

"What is it Dad? Is something wrong? What decision are you talking about?" Aqsa asked hesitantly. She rubbed his arm in encouragement as he looked into her eyes.

"Aqsa....I've decided to get married again."

And what??!!! Ok I know this was a short chapter, but the next one will be longer since it explains the whys and the whats which led to this....lol...do keep the votes and comments coming in, please follow my account.....have a great weekend or what's remaining of it!!