Chapter 6

''Our company has gone bankrupt

''Our company has gone bankrupt.'' Mom said from the other side of the call.

My eyes widened and Aaron noticed it I guess because he came towards me with a concerned look on his face.

''What happened, Clair?'' He asked, worriedly.

No no! I'm strong! I can't show people that I'm weak!

I held my hand in front of him to tell him to be quite for a while.

''Mom, please elaborate a little.'' I said, with all the courage that I could muster up.

''Do you remember Star Group?'' Mom asked.

''Uhh yeah...well you took me to the meetings that you had with them once or twice.'' I said remembering those awful meetings. Those people are actually so bitchy and their son is so annoying. Acts all professional and just because I yawned he called me baby and lazyass!

Like what the fuck?!

Dude! Have you never seen someone yawn or something? And that meeting was hell-a-boring!

''Yeah so they invested in our company before and now they took back their shares as well as ours which we invested in their company.'' Mom said with a small sigh. I can literally imagine her massaging her temples. That's what she does when she is worried, tired or annoyed.

''What? But you said they are the people who we can trust!'' I didn't! I never trusted them. I mean they all had that aura surrounding them like, ''we are the best!'', ''we are powerful!'', ''we are rich!'', ''No one can defeat us in this buisiness! ''. Ya know? Self centered peeps!

''Yeah but turns out we were wrong.'' She said and spitted out a humorless laugh.

Ohhhh....mom seems like those angry antagonists in the movie. Hehe.

Ahem....Look at the situation Clair!

''So, what are we gonna do now?'' I asked her.

''Well, I called Chase and already told him. He told me that you both are on trips...well he is living with his friends so where are you now?'' Mom asked.

''I am living in a hotel.'' I told her.

''Well honey, we will have to block your card.'' Mom said with a sigh.

''WHAT?!'' I yelled, shocked. Aaron looked at me worriedly.

''What happened, Clair?!'' He asked genuinely scared and worried for me.

And here I thought he was completely void of any emotions, hehe.

LOOK AT THE SITUATION CLAIR!

Geez...okay....I swear I have got the most annoying subconcious mind.

''But where will I live? I mean my payment is due after each week.'' I explained her.