20. Forever rest

"Jeongguk~ Thank you for showing me what real love is and loving me with your whole heart

"Jeongguk~ Thank you for showing me what real love is and loving me with your whole heart. You showed me what a first kiss was supposed to feel like. Nerve- wracking and feverish, but gentle and hesitant. You showed me what a first love was supposed to feel like.. "

Shivers went down Jeongguk's spine as Taehyung's warm breath made contact to his skin when he whispered to his ear.

Suddenly the walk from the balcony to their bedroom felt chilly that even Jeongguk did not notice Taehyung's confession was clear and not even once he is stuttering!

"Because of you, I know what love feels like, because of you, I know what I deserve and because of you, Jeongguk, I love myself more.."

That night after the romantic waltz, they're resting on the bed now

That night after the romantic waltz, they're resting on the bed now. Taehyung curled up next to Jeongguk, head resting against Jeongguk's chest, as Jeongguk arm tucked against Taehyung's side.

Taehyung baby powdered smelled now smell more like spring after cold rain. Jeongguk could never figure out that scent, but he knew it was his favorite.

He smiled a little bit wider when he saw that Taehyung was still looking at him. His blueberry eyes so comforting to look at like stars in the sky and he loved that natural smile too.

A stifled yawn broke his thoughts. "Ggukie.. I'm.. tired..."

"Tae baby.. I'm tired too. I don't think I'm gonna sleep tonight. Are you comfortable sleeping in that? Do you want to change-"

"No.." Taehyung does not want to change, because for what? He's leaving. He just wanted to leave silently in the arms of Jeongguk.

"Thank you.. Ggukie.."

"For what my Tae baby?"

"For.. falling in love.. with.. me..."

"Aww, sleep my love honey bear.. I'll be watching you.. Goodnight. I love you, Taehyung,"

Jeongguk brushed Taehyung's hair softly, and then kissed him on the forehead. — Taehyung simply gave a small smile in return as he closed his eyes because he started to felt dazed and weak.

Jeongguk wish to woke up to one of the most intimate moments of his life, everyday. No, intimacy wasn't only sex. It was closeness.

He had never loved someone so much in his entire life. He never felt like this with Ji Yeon. But Taehyung made every other relationship in his life feel nearly insignificant.

When it came to Taehyung, he could never articulate how he really felt. Words simply held no weight!

This is real. This moment is real. Taehyung is real!

It would easier than letting his mind run so rampantly. But he also wanted to watch him. Watch how Taehyung's chest rose and fell. How soft puffs of air escaped from his lips. How someone so beautiful could be in his arms.

He wasn't sure how long he had been looking at Taehyung. Could have been seconds. Maybe minutes. Possibly an hour.

Losing all sense of time when it was just the two of them. Finally he drifted into sweet oblivion of falling asleep.

But how could he know.... that will be the last night he spends his time with Taehyung. The last sleep and cuddles he will have with Taehyung. The last confession of 'i love you' he will ever say to Taehyung.

For Taehyung, his feelings are like waves. They pull you into the vast ocean and surely you are going to drown. You cannot make it back to shore as you fall harder and faster for the person.

Jeongguk is his lifeboat, but he still can't swim to it. The waves are too rough and somehow he's still swimming but someday he'll grow too tired. Maybe he'll slip under the current. Maybe Jeongguk will save him.

But for sure.... the closure of his dying wishes is finally, fulfilled. To fall in love, to make Jeongguk fell in love with him and to hear Jeongguk say...   'i love you, Taehyung,'

When he felt Jeongguk is really asleep, he slowly blinked his eyes open and he pecked Jeongguk's lips a little bit longer,

"Ggukie.. Do not weep for me, for I will soon be gone.. My body may die, but my soul will live on. I leave you with my love.. and I wish upon a stars that our souls will touch once again someday.."

" ..I’d fall asleep now with a smile etched on my skin cells and your arm pressed on my back... "

By then, Taehyung's skin turned pale. He smiled, thanking Jeongguk silently and closed his eyes... For his forever rest.

 For his forever rest