21. Free spirit

But for sure

But for sure.... the closure of his dying wishes is finally, fulfilled. To fall in love, to make Jeongguk fell in love with him and to hear Jeongguk say... 'i love you, Taehyung,'

When he felt Jeongguk is really asleep, he slowly blinked his eyes open and he pecked Jeongguk's lips a little bit longer,

"Ggukie.. Do not weep for me, for I will soon be gone.. My body may die, but my soul will live on. I leave you with my love.. and I wish upon a stars that our souls will touch once again someday.."

" ..I'd fall asleep now with a smile etched on my skin cells and your arm pressed on my back... "

By then, Taehyung's skin turned pale. He smiled, thanking Jeongguk silently and closed his eyes... For his forever rest.

 For his forever rest

"Jeongguk?"

"Jeon Jeongguk?!"

There came an incessant knocking on the front door. He ignored it at first, thinking maybe the servants, butler or Somi will attend to it. But the knocks persisted even harder.

Putting on his sweatpants, he stumbled down the steps of the big mansion. He pulled open the door and a sobbing Hoseok and Jimin engulfed him into hugs.

"Yah! What's wrong with you two?" Jeongguk's chest tightened painfully at the concerned shown by his two best friends.

"Aren't you supposed to get ready by now for Yoongi's mom funeral?" Jimin looked at him in disbelief, eyebrows raised and shoulders tensing.

"Oh, I slept late yesterday. I'll go wake up Taehyung now and I'll come with him-"

"Jeongguk, I thought you've realise the situation by now? Taehyung is not real, he's not in our world anymore!" Hoseok shook his head as he tried to fight back the tears that threatened to spill from his eyes.

Jeongguk flinched on instinct, tensing up at the sharpness of Hoseok's tone. Realization slowly make his breathing hitched in his throat,
"M- my Taehyung!"

He yells as he ran from the front door and back upstairs to the room. Tears streamed down his cheek and he almost collapsed looking at the empty bed.