Chapter four

~Y/N POV~

I felt guilty for rushing out class towards the cafeteria and leaving Lia behind but I know she'll be fine. Jimin was with her but that didn't mean it felt any better it just I really wanted to find Jungkook.

After coming to school this morning with him, he practically ran off on me as soon as we entered the gates. It was like he didn't want to be seen with me and ever since then he's been dodging me in the halls too. Running into the boy bathroom or making an excuse to talk to a teacher about something.

I don't get it.

He agreed with me to try and be friends again.

Well for me there's no try, we will be friends again. He just needs a little push.

So now after grabbing my lunch from the lunch lady did I set out to look for Jungkook somewhere in this cafeteria. He's here somewhere but always far away from others so he doesn't have to interact with anyone and he always, without a doubt sits by himself.

I walked passed my usual table that Hoseok was already sitting at but he didn't notice me walk passed. He was too glued to his phone to notice so I didn't say anything but walk right passed him.

My eyes searching for his very figure in this large room that was filling with more and more students as time went on. But lucky for me I spotted him.

In the far corner I could see Jungkook sitting on a large round table to himself. His head buried in a book wearing his cute round glasses and chewing on his bottom lip as he reads.

Smiling to myself now that I found him I skipped over to him carrying my own tray in hand. I sat down one stool away from him so he wouldn't get too uncomfortable with me. At first he didn't notice me so I just kept quiet and waited until he did, minding my own business quite happily ignoring a few stares our way because I was sitting with the loner boy of the school.

"Y-Y/n what are you doing here?" Jungkook

It's about time.

"I'm having lunch with you."

I simply said to him, flashing him a friendly smile but only to witness him frowning at me, staring right at me.

"Why? First walking to school and now this? I don't understand." Jungkook

I turned around to face him directly in my stool, hands firmly on my lap as I try and keep up my smile to show him I'm genuinely trying to be friends with him.

"I thought we agreed to be friends again Jungkook? And friends eat together.....which I see you don't have anything to eat."

I frowned looking to the table in front of him to see he only had his book that was now closed but had a hand rested on top so o couldn't see the cover.

"I'm not hungry." Jungkook

"You need to eat something Jungkook. Skipping meals isn't good for you."

I seen the frustration in his face when he closed his eyes taking a deep breath to himself.

"And what would you know about what's good for me?" Jungkook

He spat back at me, catching me off guard by the way he spat his words at me with anger. I sat back from him, not knowing that to say to that because I know in some way he's kind of right.

I avoided his stare and looked down to my fingers as I picked at my nails nervously just to hear him sigh heavily.

"I'm sorry y/n. I shouldn't of spoken to you like that." Jungkook

"No it's okay. It's my fault we drifted apart anyway so I deserved that."

He didn't say anything but I could feel his eyes burning holes into my face.

"So you're genuinely serious about wanting to be friends again?" Jungkook

With no hesitation I nodded and met his eyes, ready for whatever questions he's going to throw my way.

"Yes."

"So you're going to walk to school with me and from school every day?" Jungkook

"Yes. Everyday."

"You're going to sit with me at lunch everyday?" Jungkook

"You bet I am."

"Are you going to start forcing me to eat at lunch now?" Jungkook

"Yes I will. You remember me well I see."

"What about your friends? The ones you already have?" Jungkook

"I can introduce you to them and if they don't like you then it's their loss."

"Why are you doing this? I don't understand why all of a sudden you want to jump back into my life? Why?" Jungkook

"Because I miss you."

His eyes immediately softened, his lips parted as I stunned him with my words but I only spoke of the truth. Those two months without him and these years missing him by my side, all that came flooding back to my memory.

Jungkook kicked his lips, turned back to his book tapping his fingers on the hard cover. I watch him pulling that hard look across his face, deep in though yet again.

"I er....I mi...fuck." Jungkook

I looked up at him with hopeful eyes. I know of what he's trying to say but his shyness was getting in the way.

He glanced at me as his cheeks started to turn pink and quickly turned his head away in the opposite direction.

"It's okay Jungkook. You don't have to say anything."

Quickly did he spin back around to face me once again, lips parted to speak but stopped when he looked up at something behind me just to glare at whatever it was that was so displeasing to him.

Confused I turned around just to see Taehyung standing behind me supporting a smirk upon his face.

"Well hello y/n.......loner boy." Taehyung

He greeted Jungkook quickly sparing him a glance and then back to me.

"What do you want Taehyung? I'm busy."

"Nothing except to only wonder why you're all the way over here and not with your friends. Who by the way are looking for you." Taehyung

I sighed to myself, tucking some hair behind my ear but I was startled when Jungkook suddenly stood up, picking up his book and threw his bag over his shoulder.

"Wait Jungkook!"

He paused mid step as he was ready to leave the table and only side eyed me waiting for me to say something.

"I'll meet you at the gates after school. I still want to walk home with you."

Jungkook gulped but only nodded and then walked away quietly. As he continued to walk away my eyes were glued to his back as I watched him eventually leave the cafeteria.

"This was surprising to see." Taehyung

The amusement in his voice irritated me so I just stood up and purposely stomped on his shoe as I walked passed him with my lunch tray. He yelped at the action but I didn't care and walked away from him. As far as I'm aware he ruined Jungkook and I's moment. We were getting somewhere and I'm so sure of it he was about to tell me he missed me too.

Now I can only wait until he even tries to say that again.

I know he misses me, he proved that today and I couldn't be more happy with that.