Chapter-3. That Was Embarrassing

Character's photos are given in last chapter.

***
Since it was our first day, all our subject teachers were so nice (I know they'll change in the coming days) and we were just introducing ourselves, so the classes went quite fast. The bell rang, it was 11 o' clock, and it is time for......

RECESS!!
(The most awaited thing)

I was very eager to try something from this school's canteen. But I hope it should not be like the one which I had in the morning.

Luckily I had some money remaining after buying my awesome breakfast, so I left with Lia.

On our way to canteen, suddenly Lia whispered in my ears, "Mina, I think Mike is following us!"

What! I turned to look back, but Lia got hold of my hand and said, "Hey, don't turn back now, I am not sure"

So we din't mind it (I don't know about Lia) and continued our way to the canteen.

Suddenly I heard someone calling, "Hey girls please stop!"

And that someone was running towards us. Yes he is Mike. I started to increase my speed dragging Lia's hand.

"Why can't we stop and ask him for the reason?" Lia asked panting

" No I don't think it's a good idea!" I replied.

"Are you scared Mina?" she raised her question

I stopped running and replied her panting. "Who is scared? Come let's go and ask what the reason is"
I turned back and made my way towards Mike, he too stood there panting and waited for us to reach him. I din't get close to him because he was too tall for me to look and so I maintained a few feet distance.

I started," Why were you following us?"

He stood puzzled and asked us again,
"Following? Who is following?"

"Don't act innocent I know who you are" I pointed my finger towards him and said.

I was looking into his eyes and he was looking straight into mine,
No guilt, no fear.

His hazel eyes were flawless. Maybe he was not really following us? I questioned myself. I turned to Lia, she din't utter a word; she was busy admiring Mike.

I continued to speak, "Oh... so if you are not following us then what made you to follow us."

He faced out both his palms towards me as if he is going to explain something and begun,

"Look the first thing is, I was not following you, second thing is, you are not so pretty to be followed either."

I was getting mad. He is teasing me infront of Lia. But she is least bothered to support me and was laughing at his silly comment.

"How dare you, giraffe!!!" I raised my voice.

He folded his hands and asked me sarcastically, "Ok then tell me where you are going".

"Why should I? It's none of your business" I replied coldly.

"We were going to the canteen" Lia replied at once.

I looked at her blankly.

"What? We were going to the canteen right?" she asked me.

"Then what will you buy in the canteen without money??" Mike asked.

"Without money? I have money here, you see" I said and searched in my pocket for the money, but it was not there. I kept searching again and again but it was nowhere to be found

"It won't be there, the money had slipped from your pocket at the entrance of the class. I came behind you to give it. Since I don't know your names I was not able to call you" he replied.

"My name is Lia hope you won't forget it" said Lia enthusiastically.

I felt really bad. I was getting consumed by guilt. He came near me, got hold of my hand and placed my money in my palm hard,

"Don't get too angry for silly things minion, and get lost!" he said rudely and left the place.

I actually deserve it. But how can he call me minion! Am I too short for him?

I asked Lia, "Did I talk too much?"

"A little extra" she replied.

I was walking with my head down.

"Now don't think about it. Let's hurry up its already time for the next class. Let's buy something fast and try to reach back to class on time." she said.

In a couple of minutes we reached the canteen. It was sooooooo BIG.

I could barely find a place in my middle school canteen, but this canteen is nearly half the size of my mid- school

Since, only I had some money and Lia din't, I asked Lia what she wanted to eat. She said that we can have some chicken burgers.

I was seeing the menu for the cost of the burgers; 3$ (cost of one burger) it read. I had 6$. So happily I was waiting in the counter to buy our dream burgers.

While I was about to pay the cash, I found something strange, only 3$ in my pocket, I searched again and again. But I could not find a penny further than 3$.

The cashier was staring at me and the students behind me in the queue were pushing me to move further. I don't know what to do; I asked the women there what I could get for 3$. She handed me 2 smoothies.

Smoothies for 3$? That's too much! And I hate smoothies. I was heading towards Lia who was sitting in a chair at the corner. Her smile was crushed on seeing those two smoothies in my hands.

"Why did you buy this?" she questioned me with disbelief.

"I found only 3$ in my pocket, but I was damn sure that I had 6$ when I took the money from my bag. This is not possible" I said.

Lia blinked at me and said, "Alright it can be our fate to have smoothies today."

She said and sipped one of the smoothies. "This is not bad, I actually love it" she replied and in no time made the bottle empty.

I don't know what to do with mine. While I was thinking what to do;

Just then a boy approached me and asked, "Can I know the rate of one smoothie?"

I extended my smoothie and he in turn paid for my smoothie and we left the canteen.
My mind was clouded with questions.

Took my money, money slipped, Mike gave back the money, but 3$ missing. How?

"What do you think about my missing money, Lia" I asked.

"Do you think that it might be a theft?" she asked me back.

Theft? I thought and suddenly remembered Mike; it was he who returned my money. But why does he needs to steal it when he wanted to return it?

Anyway a doubt is a doubt and I wanted to clarify it but what if I am wrong this time too. Then my stupidity and guilt would kill me.

I was thinking about these things and we both reached the class 2 minutes before the bell.

I was checking whether Mike was inside the classroom. But I could see only a group of girls around the second last bench laughing and flirting. I seriously don't know whether these girls have no other work other than flirting with him.

I din't want to ask him about my money and the main thing is I was not able to see his face in the midst of that girl's gang. The bell rang for the next class and we settled down in our places waiting for the next teacher to come.

Hola amigo! ♡♡♡

Now the next question,
Picked up fight with a student on the very first day of your school/college? (I think...no!)