c h a p t e r 22- sandy days

Excitedly, me and Lyra ran out the car as soon as Wyatt pulled to a stop, grabbing each other's hand as we sprinted down to the beach. I smiled when I felt the sand in between my feet and just stopped for a moment, taking in the breath-taking view. I had never been to a beach before so, yes, I was pretty much in awe. 

'Woah,' I breathed, my eyes running over the clear blue water.

'Yeah. Woah.'

I turned to see Cole looking at me as he spoke, eyes lit with amusement but a genuine smile on his mouth. Rolling my eyes, I tore my eyes from the water, running down to where Lyra was now applying sun cream, her towel already set up in the perfect position under the sun.

'You don't waste any time, do you?' I laughed at her, grinning even more when she looked at me with an unimpressed expression. Her face swiftly changed into one of glee as if she'd just remembered something and her hand quickly shot out, pulling me down so I was sitting next to her.

'Omg! I nearly forgot our plan!'

I looked at her in confusion, 'We never had a plan.'

'Your bikini, idiot.'

It was then I remembered that I was nearly naked underneath my clothes.

'Fuck! Right. Okay. We're going to have to make a run for the water because otherwise-' I finished my sentence with a hand motion of a gun to my head. Glancing round, I saw that my brothers and Cole were now walking down on the beach, Cole and Jordan arriving where we were now. It was now or never.

Praying to all gods above, I tore my top off, not turning round to see Cole's reaction. My hands shaking (from literal fear of death), I shimmied out my shorts, smirking when I heard the conversation behind us stop abruptly, Cole stopping short of whatever he was going to say.

Alyssa's bikini:

Snickering, I linked my arm through Lyra's, putting an extra swing in my hips as I jogged down to the shore

Snickering, I linked my arm through Lyra's, putting an extra swing in my hips as I jogged down to the shore. I allowed myself one look back, smiling smugly at Cole's dumbfounded expression- poor boy looked like he had chocked on his own tongue. Blowing him a kiss, I dived into the water, a cool relief from the heat of the sun. Smoothing my hair as I came up, I made sure to stay in the shallow bit of the water- embarrassingly, I couldn't swim- watching Cole with amusement as he hurried down to the water, a smirk playing on his lips as he ran towards me.

My own smiled faded slightly as I took in the determined expression on his face, his eyes narrowed sharply on my position in the water. Gulping, I pretended not to notice how nice his abs were- my eyes apparently didn't get the message because they stayed glued to them the whole time Cole was walking towards me. Ripping my eyes from his unfairly muscular body, I smiled sweetly as he joined me in the water, a dark look in his eyes.

'Hi there,' I grinned, looking up at him from where I crouched, floating in the water.

'Your brothers are going to kill you for wearing that,' he sighed, lowering himself so that our faces were now at equal heights in the water. Deciding to be brave, I took my time in answering him, drifting forward so that I was close enough to his face that, if one of us leaned forward in the slightest, we would kiss.