The butterflys grove

You were warm,so very,very warm! You were all snuggled up into someone's arm as your internal clock decided it was time to wake up. You blinked a few times,rubbed the eye crust from the corners of your eyes and buried closer to massive pile of man lying next to you. It felt so nice to cuddle! Unfortunately you weren't as close as you hoped you could be with everyone else but Karz didn't seem to mind.

"Morning" you yawned into your hand. You expected a 'good morning' or a 'grunt' but all you got was a high pitched scream and terrified yelling. Shooting up immediately you scrambled to put on your pants and unzip your tent,"what happened!? What-"

Oh

Oh god

Why was there so much blood on the ground? How? How did this happened?

WHY WAS THERE A MASSIVE HOLE IN KAIZO'S BODY?!

There was no way this was real,this had to have been some messed up drill or-or.

"___,why Is everyone yelling?" Karz already knew the answer to that.

"I- Kaizo- he's dead! His stomach! Something!" You couldn't even form sentences correctly.

Captain and Yoza had placed a spare sheet over the dead cooks body.

"Everyone back to pod,this is an official Emergency meeting" Captain yelled,moving everyond into the pod you'd used to come down to the planet. Yoza took care of the corpse,wrapping up like a pig in a blanket. More blood seeped onto the white sheets as you and Karz took a set at the small circle table.

"So,Kaizo is dead and we need to figure out what killed him, any ideas or leads?" The captain asked,no body said anything,"look I know we're all shaken but we need answers before something like this happens again"

"Ay miss.Lass es right," Yoza said,sitting down at the table finally,his hands were still a bit shaky,"when ey found'em dis morning de dirt wasn't kicked up, so whatever got'em must'ta got'em by surprise"

"And there were holes in the tree too"

Everyone muttered to themselves. What could have killed Kaizo? The man was no slouch when it came to fights,if it came down to it he could easily take down everyone here,save for Yoza and Karz. So he must have been killed by a bunch of insects or something.

"Th-this really isn't my forte but I could try and give him a autopsy?" You offered.

"Don't be stupid,thats my job" Gardna took a sip of her coffee,"you'd probably mutilate his body"

You didn't say anything but your mind was whirling,thinking of what could have killed him. If you knew that then you and everyone else could prepare for it! But something didn't sit right with you.

There were no signs of a struggle,no footprints nor any teeth marks,why would something kill Kaizo and then not eat his body? Was it just sadist? Or did it not like the way he tasted? Maybe some swarm  of mosquitos like insects just wanted to get a taste?

"___,everyones left" Karz said,snapping you out of your thoughts.

"Oh...I guess we should go then," you hald his hand and wandered back twords your shared tent and crawled back in. Your brain was still trying to process what had just happened. Holding you bunny plushy you zoned out on your back,trying not to think about anything.

"___" Karz said,he sat cross legged next to you but you didn't respond,"___!" He would not be ignored! The silence was killing him and he hated it. The silence was usually killed by your chatter or humming but your body 'looked' so cold and unresponsive. Much like his body before you helped free him,"___,sing for me"