The Hunter and The deceived

'I should have grabbed her tool when I had the chance' Kars sighed as he strolled through the forest towards the butterfly Grove. He could hear large bird like mammals flap their wings above him, and small insects buzz near his head. He briefly wondered what other kinds of animals lived on this new planet, like that acid spitting monstrosity! Were there more? If so, how many? A creature that big must need to eat massive prey, and if he was correct, then what kind of pray was it hunting?

"I should become more aware of my surroundings, that thing could show up any day" he was lucky it had such a nasty oder, its body temperature was too low for him to see its heat signature.

Stepping into the massive cave of crystals and trees, he looked at the spot where that other human had died.

"Hm?" He cocked his head slightly. He was just now noticing the blood droplet on the scuffed up soil. He could still see the dried blood on the crystals where the body had fallen, but he wasn't here to reminiscence he was here to hunt for a red stone. He scanned the higher points near the ceiling and shifted his arms into wings.

Flying upwards, he looked among the massive clusters for a sturdy place to perch. When he finally found one, he immediately started tearing at the soil and dirt, picking up an entire cluster for him to examine.

"Hmm... Maybe," he broke off a clump and placed it in the pile. He'd take them outside once the sun came up. 'Does this planet even have the same properties as earth?' As Karz worked, he pondered the thought. A low rumble of earth being torn caught his attention. He looked around and found nothing,no human and no creature. Well, not that he could see.

He put his ear to the ceiling when he felt dirt land in his hair and in his face. That's when a small creature about the size of his palms erupted from the ceiling and fell into his pile. It had two large claws and short stubby legs and arms,its body was covered in a smooth version of the red crystals he'd been breaking off. It looked something similar to an armadillo.

"Hm? What an odd creature...." Karz stopped to watch this new animale dig through his pile and take a small fracture and put it in its mouth before putting it in a small sliver of skin on its chest. Much like a sleeve or a pocket.

This mole like creature then looked up at him,sniffed his toe with its wet nose, and started chewing on it.

"Small rodent,I would advise you to release my foot." he moved his foot from the small animals mouth. It looked up at him, almost offended that Karz had audacity to remove his foot from its mouth. It started digging another hole at an extremely fast rate,leaving a pile of dirt on Kars foot it dug into a small crack on the side of the wall that broke away to something larger. Karz watched it vanish into the wall, and he decided to follow it. Placing his hands on either side, he pried it open, much like a bag of snacks you'd given him at one point.

The wall broke away, leaving a massive hole in the ground where hundreds of 'moles' looked up at him, squealed, then ran back underground. Leading them was a massive mole,about the size of a cow.The moles began moving dirt upwards at an angle, creating a small path just big enough for him to follow without having the crawl.

He followed them for a while until a large opening slowly appeared. He could smell water and sunlight from the new opening.

"Interesting," his gaze fell upon a massive hord assortments of rocks and crystals. Another one of the massive moles was what he could only assume, cleaning them. The dirty,dim gems would leave the giant moles mouth,covered in siliva, and start gleaming like freshly polished diamonds. Stepping over moles and their small burrows, he pried the giant Moles mouth open.

They bit and clawed at him,not that it hurt, until he let it go.

"Some sort of cleaners?" He closely inspected the small gem. It was no bigger than his finger nail,"___,would love to observe these creatures. " he made sure not to step on any of the small babies. He'd only been around them for a few minutes, and they already seemed to like him. They brushed up against his skin and tried climbing up his leg. One managed to get up to his hip,"Little mole,you are rather brave" he poked it with his finger and it started to naw on it,"your more furry than I thought you'd be"