A gift

You weren't sure how long it took to get back to base. It was dark and you couldn't see anyone upon your return.

"Go sit by the lake,I'll try and make some sort of cream" you knew a bit about forigen acids on other worlds and how to make pain relievers.

"My body will heal on its own you know" he rested on the giant Boulder.

"Dont care,sit, we need to hurry and disinfect this...stuff!" You took your suit off and dug around for a medical kit you knew was somewhere near the camps emergency stash.

You couldn't see very well due to there being no artificial lights,like the ones back home, so you knocked over a few things,waking someone up.

"___? What are you doing?" Zyban asked,turning on his own Qu.

He looked a bit better than the last time you saw him. Zyban's face was still pale and he's hand was a bit shaky but he seemed to be back to normal.

"Zyban! You scared me!" You used his light to find the acid treatment kit,"can't talk right now,I gotta disinfect these acid wounds!"

"Acid? What were doing messing around with acid and-" he sniffed the air and gagged," What did you fall in!?"

You shushed him,"nothing I was just...messing around with chemicals and it didn't go so well"

He seemed to buy it but you could still tell he was still shaky about what happened but if you told him the truth your were sure he'd panick and demand that everyone leave. Zyban hated being around unpredictable things,thats why he worked so well with computers and codeing. They were easier to deal with and control.

"Do you need any help? I cant really sleep for real...I keep seeing his body..." you felt bad for him,seeing someone you'd been hanging with for years in a small space craft suddenly up and die like that? Well anyone would be in shock!

You glanced at the small memorial,there were small flowers on their graves. You briefly wondered if you would be the one to go next,anything could happen on this planet. You could all suddenly get sick from some plant or meat or airborne virus and all die on the spot. This planet cared not for strangers and if you weren't careful you could easily end up dead! 

"That bad? Yeah, I could use the help, I already know gochi is going to have a fit after seeing these holes" you pulled a small reference guild on the best acid healing creams and began working.

"What were you even doing? From what I've seen the only things here with a high PH is the glow fish and it had a level 13"

"Well...ok," you looked around the tents to see if anyone was still awake ,"there are these flower pods I found up in the trees and they are extremely explosive when exposed to water,found out the hard way and Karz got caught up in the mix so now I have to go bring him some" You held out the base solution of cream,"pass me the chezle nash? Thanks"   you mixed everything up and rubbed it on your burned skin,"oh man thats better,do you want to come sit with us?" You picked up the cream and turned to the rock where Karz was resting.

"I dont think your...friend likes me all that much and-hey!" You grabbed his hand.

"Karz just looks like that! Hes actually really nice! You just have to get past that gumpy expression!" You tugged him along.

"Great" Zyban didn't believe a word you said  but he liked you too much to burst your bubble,"oh,___!" You stopped pulling him along.

"Yeah?"

"You are...alot less annoying than everyone else here so...yeah keep..doing that"

You knew he was never good at words or expressing his feelings very well but after years of being on the same space ship as him,you'd come to understand him very well.