Silver Pea

He was looking at you,actually looking at you! Karz took in the sight of you,covered in bruises and blood, but to him? You were absolutely radiant. You were covered in blood and had a look in your eyes that reminded him of himself, cold and unresponsive to everyone, not letting anyone get close. You were a very interesting human, at first he thought you were just a doormat but now he saw what happens when you were pushed to edge and he wanted to see it again.

"Y-you can see?!"

"Yes, everything is still a bit fuzzy but I can indeed see your-oof!" You just about tackled him off his perch,"you are surprisingly strong,songstress"

You screamed into his chest,anger and hatred completely melting away into excitement! It took alot to anger you and usually that anger melted away into something else.

"Lets go for a walk then,I really don't want to be around the team at the moment," you were still a bit pissed but it was nothing like before. You reached for Karz hand like you always did but then stopped yourself,he wouldn't need your help anymore. The man had two slowly healing eyes he'd,be walking around by himself but the thought still made you sad. You liked holding onto his hand, it was a nice feeling.

"So this is what a new planet looks like," he looked up at the trees, they were just as tall as he imagined they would be. He turned to walk twords them and you followed like a good songstress.

"So what are you going to do now?" You watched as he easily jumped on top of a fallen and decaying tree, you jumped and latched onto the moss growing on its sides and began to climb up the sides.

"Wait for those humans to die off or get themselves killed"

"I mean,they might be mean but they don't deserve to die!" You pulled youself up on top of the tree just as Karz jumped down on the other side,"hey! Wait up!" The moss tore off under your grip and you almost fell again,"oh shi- thanks!" Karz grabbed you by the back of your suit,much like a kitten.

"I don't understand how you've survive for this long" he shook his head.

"Not all of us can jump 50 feet in the air you know!" You trailed next to him as bird like creatures flew over head,"I should have brought my trank" you muttered.

"I find it hard to believe that one measly human can examine all life forms on one planet" he touched a massive mushroom like fungi growing on the sides of the tree,they almost looked like a natural stair case.

"Well,basically we're just here to make sure nothing too dangerous lives on this planet, basically live bait if you will but once we get home we'll be fully supported by the government for the rest of our lives, so it seems like a fair trade"

"I will never understand you humans," he stretched his legs,"come here"

"Why?"

"Dont make me repeat myself" even in the dark shade of the forest you could still his ruby eyes. You wondered what kind of man he was before the stone imprisonment because clearly he used to people following his orders.

"Ok fine!" You got close enough to where your chests were touching,"so now-WAH!" he easily snatched you up in his arms and started jumping from branch to branch all the way up to very top of the trees. He placed you down and sat down as well,waiting for the flower to bloom like it did the last time he saw it,"my god,next time warn me!" Your legs were shaking bad after that.

"Sit,this is your reward for entertaining me,"

You pouted at his rudeness,"yes your majesty" you directed your attention to his lap and promptly parked your rear there.

"You are a bold human,songstress," he smirked,he liked that in a person.

"Yeah,yeah, your just lucky I like you so much," you flushed, it felt nice sitting in his lap like this," and I-ohhhh!" You crawled twords the plant as it start to glow and spread its petals open. A whiteish,glowing pollen fell from the anther and onto the dark green tree leafs below it. Sitting at the center was a round orb about the size of a pea,"woah" you pulled up your hollow screen and started writing things down,"Karz look at this!" You started taking measurements,leaing down into a downward dog like position you looked under its leafs to see if anything was holding the plant down,"hey are you looking?"