Auditions

Two weeks later, the Belle Fashion Challenge arrived. All the students who wanted to compete, including Ann, sent their photos and required information to Mrs. Diane Kurr, the Art teacher who was in charge of the show.

Ann sent a picture of her in a pretty outfit and prayed she would be chosen as a contestant of the Belle Fashion Challenge. She later learned that Chloe was competing too.

The next day, the signing up of the auditions of the Hill High Music Competition came. Ann and Fabiola accompanied Angela to sign up for the auditions. Just before they got there, they saw Alan.

"Alan!" Angela called. Alan saw them and walked over to them.

"Are you going to sign up for the auditions of the Music Competition?" Alan asked Angela.

"Yes. Are you?"

"I was."

"Was?"

"Yeah. I'm having second thoughts."

"You must audition, Alan. Your voice is wonderful."

Ann butted in ,"Why don't both of you sign up for the pairs audition?"

"Pairs audition? That's not a bad idea. What do you think Alan?"

Alan thought for a while. He made a serious face and stood pondering for a short while. Then, he said, "Let's do it!"

Angela smiled while Ann and Fabiola shouted together, "Yes!!!"

After Alan and Angela signed up for the pairs audition, Alan left.

Angela, Ann and Fabiola were still standing there when Libby walked up to the list with Chloe. She signed her name and examined the list. "Alan Forest and Angela Whitney?" Then she looked at Angela and said scornfully, "Oh Angela, I hope you don't embarrass that hunk at the auditions. What song will you audition with?"

Chloe jeered, "The monkey donkey?"

Libby sneered, "Or maybe, the donkey monkey?"

They giggled and walked away.

The next day, the list of those who had qualified for the Belle Fashion Challenge was posted on the notice board. Chloe's name was first on the list, of course. Remarkably, Ann saw her name on the list.

"Yes! You did it, Annie!" Angela exclaimed when she saw her sister's name in the list.

"Oh, yes! I did it, Angie!" The twins hugged.

Nick came from the crowd of kids who had gathered in front of the notice board to Ann and Angela. "Hey, Angela," he said, looked at Ann and commended, "Well done, Ann!"

"Thank you."

Nick smiled and walked away after he had said, "Later."

When school was over, Angela went looking for Alan. She wanted to know if he wanted to audition with Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber's Stuck with U. She was about to pass the door of the Science Laboratory when the sound of familiar voices from there drew her to the door. She went close to the door to listen.

Then she heard Alan's voice. She also heard Nick's voice. Angela was about to enter when she heard Alan say, "Seriously dude, Angela is boring."

Angela jerked aback, she did not have to hear more. Her eyes glistened with unshed tears. She closed her eyes and tears dripped off the ends of her cheeks. Then she took to her heels to the parking lot.

Meanwhile, in the Science Laboratory, Alan continued,"Gotcha! I'm just kidding." He had called Angela boring to alarm Nick who had been claiming all day that nothing shocked him anymore. Judging by the surprised look on Nick's face, Alan knew he had succeeded.