Soft Landing With You (Finale)

Seri walked towards the hotel room door where her sister in-law told her Jeong Hyuk was waiting. The Baek il Party was still going on downstairs but she had excused herself when Do Hye Ji slipped her a note with a room number. Keeping a straight face though her stomach was flipping with excitement, she made her way to the lobby and the elevators. Be it then or now, it always be new to her, reuniting with him again.
She approached the room door, her hanbok swishing in time to her footfalls as if it recognized how important this moment was.

Here goes, she thought, and pushed open the door. What she met stopped her in her tracks. Jeong Hyuk was down on a knee in classic proposal fashion and holding out a beautiful old fashioned ring to her. Seri walked in and quickly closed the door, unwilling to share this moment with anyone else.

"Ri Jeong Hyuk ssi, I... This..." Seri said, her voice shaking.

Ri Jeong Hyuk fidgeted but confidently met her eyes and said, "I thought about it. With our love, it is safe to say we have tested fate and are running out of luck. I promised myself that when I get to be with you again, I will not wait to even exhale but give my best to make our happily ever after possible before fate decides to test us again. At least then, we will fight it side by side. This is the first step to accomplishing that promise. Yoon Seri, will you marry me and make our dreams come true?"

"Yes. Yes, I will, Ri Jeong Hyuk ssi." Seri replied, openly crying now. Jeong Hyuk slipped the ring on her finger and rising, pulls her into his arms.

"Ri Jeong Hyuk ssi, are you really here? I feel like if I close my eyes, all of this will fade and it will be another one of my dreams again" Seri said in between sobs, holding him as close as physically possible.

Jeong Hyuk replied, his arms tightening around her as well, his eyes glistening and sentimental, "I'm very real, this is really happening and all our wrong trains have led to this moment. Saranghae, Yoon Seri"

****
When the news of Yoon Seri and Ri Jeong Hyuk's wedding broke, it exploded. It was obviously big news but it was bigger for several other reasons as one can guess. Firstly, they was the fact that Chairman Yoon and Chairman Lee were famously best friends so some speculated that it was a business deal and there was a whole social media movement of how people have the right to decide their marriages, end forced marriage and whatnot.

Then some reasonable fellas pointed out that Seri was a CEO in her own right and never laid claim to Queen's Group's assets so this was a love match; this was further backed by those who had attended the Baek-il Ceremony organized by Chairman Yoon for his grandchildren. According to them, Seri and Jeong Hyuk couldn't take their eyes off each other, were always some steps away from the other or on the way to meet the other. A lady even said that they disappeared before the ceremony was over and the two families kept making excuses for the disappearance.

Another reason was that at the time when the Lee Family introduced Lee Hyuk (Ri Jeong Hyuk), the Yoon Family had thrown their support behind him. The interview Yoon Se Joon (Seri's brother) had given months ago, where he mentioned that their generation had played together as kids before Lee Hyuk went to Switzerland, took the story to a new direction with the new couple being referred to as childhood sweethearts.

And... last but not least, Seri's 'colorful' life with famous actors and stars made people wonder if it was another publicity stunt or if she really had found the one. Then again, the publicity stunt idea was scrapped because there was no tabloid evidence of their physical meetings (A/N: you can trust Ri Jeong Hyuk for that; his private life will remain his private life 😏).

Either ways, it was obvious that it would be the wedding of the year and the shares of Queen's Group and Majesty Inc. soared in the following weeks after the announcement. Speculations began for just about everything; whether Seri's Choice will make the bride's dress or whether Jeong Hyuk will write a piano piece for his big day or who the guest list will include, the type of ceremony and so on. They were in for a shock when the ceremony was decided to be only for family but a huge engagement ceremony, the calibre of an awards night was held to accommodate the contacts and acquaintances of Queen's Group, Seri's Choice, Majesty Inc. and SNU which Jeong Hyuk was currently a part of.

Everything was a huge  topic, the dress Seri wore, to the hall, to the even the celebrity chef handling the meal. Everyone and everything got its 5minutes of fame. (A/N: I imagined Seri in this dress. I think she looks fantastic! Hyun Bin too!)

 I think she looks fantastic! Hyun Bin too!)

For the wedding, it was at a small hall in Jeju Island, extremely private but very intimate

*****

"We are gathered here to share in the love of the Yoon and Lee Families, who are life long friends and by the reason of their children's marriage today, will become families." The wedding host beaming, said.
"Lee Hyuk ssi, do you take Yoon Seri to be your lawfully wedded wife, to love only, indeed till death do you part?"

"I do" Jeong Hyuk, answered, his eyes not leaving Seri's face.

"Yoon Seri, do you take Lee Hyuk to be your lawfully wedded husband, to love only, indeed till death do you part?"

"I do" Yoon Seri affirmed.

The host continued, "The couple have some promises and hopes they want to exchange. Please recite your vows."

Jeong Hyuk held Seri's hands, and looking into her eyes, recited his vows. "Ocean, clouds, calico cat, piano, family, kids smiling, paragliding, tomato, cliffs, bridges, train rides, long hair, soulful eyes, honest words, beautiful souls. These are all things I love and I include one more today, Yoon Seri. All we had was hope, we took the wrong train, but that train led us back to where we belong. My hope now is that our longings be fulfilled; our longing to laugh, to argue, to love, to see each other grow old and gray. May it be result of our promise today."

"Lee Hyuk ssi," Seri replied huskily, her eyes gleaming with held back tears, "I love you. It's like I've loved you all my life, like there is a you-sized space in my heart. Fate couldn't have written a better story; of our chance encounters and coincidences, of care and kindheartedness, and eventually of love and hope. Thank you for coming into my life, for simplifying love to me, for teaching me how easy it is to care for others with more than words. I look forward to our life together. May it be the reward we deserve for all we the bridges we had to cross for our love to be possible."

By the time they were done exchanging their vows, there were no dry eyes in the hall, especially those who knew a bit of their story. Even Chairman Yoon kept clearing his throat and looking away, pretending he hadn't shed a tear or two.

"You may kiss the bride."

Jeong Hyuk lowered his head and gently captured her lips in his. The rest of the world blanked out for them swallowing the joyous cheer of their family and friends. The world, at that moment had only him and her;  their kiss was passionate and full of promises unspoken. And they knew that they had found what they were craving for; a home, a resting place, a soft landing with you...

A/N: Hi FAM. Let me apologize for the late update. Family events, a block and life itself will do that to you. This is the finale chapter. Thanks for staying with me through the journey. Stick around for bonus chapters that are like an epilogue. As always, Live and Love!