Part 5

It was now time to keep going. You passed final selection and carried Asuno on your back. Everything was normal, until a blond boy ran up to you, tugging on your kimono.

"(Y/N) CHANN!!!! SAVEMESAVEMESAVE ME FUTURE WIFE THERES A DEMONNN!!!"

Future..wife-? ExCuSe mE?

"Uhhh... what's your name again?-"

"IM ZENITSU AGATSUMA YOUR SOON TO BE BOYFRIEND!!! HELP MEEE!!!"

"Oh.. sorry Zenitsu I'm not interested! But I can help you." You felt bad for him, even if he did act like such a coward. You used to be the same way when your brother was alive, so you can't really call him out for anything.

Zenitsu slowly pointed to where the demon was. It was about nighttime now, so it was pretty hard to notice. You then noticed that Asuno wasn't on your back anymore. God where does this girl keep going.

"W-wait Zenitsu have you seen my sister?!" You started panicking.

"IDONTKNOWIDONTKNOWIDONTKNOW WHAT IF THE DEMON HAS HER?! HELPPP (Y/N) CHANNN!!!"

Okay, maybe he is getting out of hand.

"Zenitsu, please walk me to over where you saw the demon." He nodded and showed you.

"SEE IT?! ITS MAKING WEIRD NOISES HELPPP!!!" Zenitsu kept screaming.

You looked down to see what this "demon" was, and..

Oh my god.

This was just..

You started laughing.
"AGaHAHAHA, YOU THOUGHT MY SISTER WAS A DEMON?! PFTTT I CANTTT-" you couldn't help yourself. All this worry for nothing. It was just Asuno who stuck leafs in her mouth, trying to make them look like fangs. It just looked utterly stupid, though. That's what made it better in the first place.

You picked her up reaching inside her mouth, taking the leaves out. "Asuno, you silly little girl! That can make you sick, good thing you didn't swallow them." She started giggling.

"(Y/N)!!!! WHY ARE YOU HOLDING A DEMONNN?!!!! ARE YOU A DEMON TOO?! SOMEBODY HELP MEEE!!! GRAMPS!!!"

You looked at him. You knew some people could be dumb but this is just getting out of hand..

"Zenitsu. I am most definitely not a demon. Neither is my sister. You are mistaken. Please take these words into consideration before you go your own path."

Zenitsu was silent for a minute, starting to understand everything. He then ran off and started screaming again. Does this guy even have braincells?-

Eh, you'd rather just take it as something to laugh about. Maybe you'll see this guy again, maybe you won't. It depends.

"Asuno, please don't try to purposely scare people like that. It isn't cool, okay?" You tried to be somewhat of a role model in front of her, even if you did a terrible job at it. Whatever.

"Fineeee... it was funny though!!" She crosses her arms, making you laugh a bit. You walked and talked to her, until you felt something.

"Asuno, do you know what's going on? I felt something tugging on my leg for a second." She shrugged. You decided to forget about it and kept walking, and eventually you entered a garden that wasn't far from where you felt your leg being tugged on. Maybe you were just hallucinating, that doesn't really happen. The aurora started to feel colder, though. You knew something was wrong.

"Welcome~" a voice came from a Sakura tree that was around the garden. You stopped in your tracks and gasped. You felt a thorny vine wrap around your left leg, dragging you into the air and hung you upside down.

Asuno P.O.V

Oh no.. what do I do?! We're in trouble again, and this time it's (n/n). I remember what we trained, but I'm not sure what to do at this point.. Darn it...

(Y/n) was struggling to cut the vines around her leg. It seemed like it was a demon who hung her up like that. The demon came out, introducing themselves.

"My name is Sheiko, pleasure to meet you, beautiful girl.. You would look even more beautiful in my garden, y'know~"

The garden was full of.. statues? It was all wrapped up in vines.

"L-let me go!! I'm not becoming a part of your precious "garden" you sicko!!" She yelled at the demon, but honestly, I think that made it worse. Sheiko tightened the grip of the vine around her leg, causing it to bleed.

"AAAAAAAAKK!!!" She screeched. Oh c'mon, what do I do?! I can't just stand here and do nothing!! She'll die and it'll be all my fault!!

"Asuno!! You know what to do! Well you don't.. but please do something!" She took out her sword and dropped it down to me. Yeah, obviously I don't know what to do. But I do remember something that Hiroto taught me..

Flashback - 2 years ago

"Asuno.. I'm training to become the Sakura pillar! And well, can I showed you what I've learned?- I know you're pretty young and won't understand much, but it's the least I could do." Hiroto looked down at Asuno, looking at her head nod up and down.

"Alright then, I hope you don't mind! I've only mastered one form so far."

"4th form.. passing petal!"

This makes the target fall into a deep sleep with an elegant scent. It paralyzes the target for about 10 seconds, giving out remaining time to act. This user spins their sword up, making them able to jump float and swing through the target's limbs.

"Alright, cover your nose, Asuno."

*Hiroto slashes through a tree, leaving the top of it falling down.*

"Woah!!" Asuno cheered. "Show me more, big brother!! Please??"

Hiroto seemed flattered. "I'm sorry, Asuno! That's all I know at the moment!"

End of flashback

I think I may know how to do this.. I hope...

The demon starts looming around (n/n). It's freaking me out...
"Such perfect limbs! Aww.. and the blood.. looks so.... tasty~" Shieko tightens the grip even more, letting out a scream from my big sister. "Don't mind if I do.." Oh god. Is she about to drink her blood?!"

Yeah no, I have to do something now. She could get infected by this, and could possibly become a demon.

"Sakura breathing.. 4th form.." I hesitated for a moment, trying to remember the name. Oh right!

"P-passing petal!"

"(Y-y/n), cover your nose!!" She seemed confused, but did so anyway.

"What is this smell?-" the demon called out. Soon, Shieko becomes paralyzed, giving me time to slash through her neck. I made sure to swing the sword around, just like Hiroto said. I'm not sure how to cut through things, but..

I did it.
..I actually did it!

The demons head fell off, leaving her in shock.

"H-how could you?! A child? Being able to take down someone as strong as me?!" Pathetic I say, pathetic!! I used to be a demon slayer, y'know! But noo, you little rats betrayed me!! I hate every single one of you!!"

The demon then vanished, dropping (y/n) from the tree.