Part 7

"Head west!!! Head west!!" The same owl from before flew down, pecking your hair again. Goddamn, does this thing even know what respect is?

"Okay okay I understand!! Ugh get off my hair!" You kept trying to shake it off, but it wouldn't go away until you started moving again.

"Alright fine but get off of me!" "Give me a break.." you sighed.

"Alright, Asuno. Hop on!" She got on your back, and you started heading where you were supposed to go.

You were walking down a pathway with small bushes surrounding it. You noticed a girl with black hair and braids, who looked like she had accidentally dropped something. You went up to the thing that she dropped, following her. It seemed like some kind of healing item.

"Excuse me, miss! You dropped this." You came up to her, and gave it to her. "Why thank you so much! I appreciate it." She bowed and before you kept going, the same blond haired kid came up to the both of you. From what you remember, you think his name was.. Zenitsu? Yeah.

"(Y/N) CHANNN!!! YOU LADY RIGHT THERE!! BE MY GIRLFRIEND ONE OF YOU OR AT LEAST BOTH OF YOU!!" He got on his knees and tugged on the poor girl's kimono.

"Excuse me, get off! I have a fiancé!!" He then went up to you, doing the same thing.

"Zenitsu, I am sorry but I'm not interested in dating you. Neither is this young lady. I am sure that there's a different girl that might be interested in you." You sighed, why did you even have to tell him this?- he didn't stop, but you felt someone walk behind you.

"Hey, get off of them! They're obviously not interested!" It was Tanjiro, thank god. Zenitsu kept going on with what he was doing, until the girl smacked him.

"How many times do I have to tell you?! Get away from me, will ya?!" She tried attacking him, but Tanjirou held her back. This was just a mess.

The young lady finally got away, leaving you, Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Asuno. You decided to turn to Tanjiro.

"Thanks for that, Tanjiro! You really are kind, you know that?" He smiled. "Anytime, haha!"

Asuno hopped off your back, Scaring Zenitsu. Again.

"AAAAAHAHHHH!!! ITS THE SAME DEMON FROM BEFOREE!! TANJIROTANJIROOO!!! (Y/N)!! HELPPP!!!"

"ZENITSU!! Cut it out, she isn't a demon, okay?!" Asuno just stood there and let out a couple of wheezes. She decided to tease him, which was getting on your nerves at this point.

"Grrrr-" this scared the shit out of Zenitsu for some reason, he always got scared of everything-

"Asuno, stop that. That isn't nice!" You told her, and she just pouted after. Her and Zenitsu just argued the whole time, while you walked with Tanjiro.

"I'm sorry about my little sister, sometimes she likes to cause scenes.." your sister could be such a pain sometimes.

Tanjirou shook his head. "Don't worry about it! After all, they're both distracted now."

Tanjiro P.O.V

Something about her made me feel different. She was so elegant, and every time Zenitsu tried flirting with her made me feel a bit jealous. I don't know what I feel, it's just that ever since I saw her at final selection, she made me feel... happy. She's so nice, I wonder why she became a demon slayer. Maybe I should ask..?

Your POV

Tanjiro turned to me with a curious look on his face.

"Hey (y/n), I've always wondered.. why did you become a demon slayer?" Well- where do I start.

I looked away with a sad smile, and started explaining.

"Well, you see.. My brother named Hiroto wanted me to become one for years! I always declined, because I was always scared like Zenitsu... but there was something that changed my mind..."

"Oh, well... do you mind if I ask?" Tanjirou questioned.

You tried not to cry, but you explained anyway. "Well, about one or two months ago, Hiroto got slaughtered by a demon. He was one of the only things I looked up to, but.." you wiped your tears, but your voice was still trembling. "Now.. now he's gone.."

Tanjiro's mood immediately switched, too. "I know how you feel.." he said.

"Y-you do?.. is it okay if I ask..?" You hoped that didn't sound rude.

"Yeah! I might as well tell you now. For me, it has actually been two years since my entire family died from demons except for my sister, Nezuko. If I tell you this, please don't hate me."

You seemed concerned. "Of course I wouldn't hate you, we're friends now after all, right..?" He looked down.

"My sister is a demon, and I have to hide this from the corps. This is actually the entire reason why I carry this box on my back, shes inside of it so she doesn't get hurt by sunlight."

You gasped. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry for your loss, Tanjirou.. and of course I don't hate you! You did what you had to." His eyes started watering from your kindness, so you gave him a hug. He blushed a bit at the reaction.

"Hey (y/n), why don't we travel together? It's always better if you have a partner to back you up." He smiled to lighten the mood.

"Oh sure! I hope my sister won't be too much of a pain, haha." You both laughed.