Part 30

"(Y/n), are you okay? Don't let go of my hand!" Tanjiro looked down as there was only a few unsteady rocks keeping me up, but I could still manage.

"O-oh I'm fine! Don't worry about me, worry about yourself, too!" Tanjiro seemed to be in the same position as me, but kept going.

We kept going up bit by bit, but for some strange reason the mountain hasn't shifted again yet. What the hell was going on?

Tanjiro got to the top and stood up, squeezing my hand so that I wouldn't fall out of his grip.

"Are you ready to come up (y/n)? Try not to fall, that is a long way down." He pointed below me, as I looked under. I started to become a little nervous, but I didn't let it bother me.

"R-right, okay." I stepped on the tiny rocks as I was about to make my way up, before the mountain suddenly shifted again. Tanjiro lost my grip.

"(Y-Y/N) WATCH OUT!!" He dropped me as I started to fall, trying to grab my hand again but failed. It only caused him to fall too.

"T-Tanjiro?! Why did you fall too?! We're going to die like this!!" He got a grip of my hand in the midst air, pulling me closer to him.

"Because I care about you. You're very special to me." Tears started to form in his eyes as we were in the brink of death, and suddenly I realized that I didn't want to die like this. I didn't want his death alone to be all my fault. And the fact that I had Asuno on my back didn't make it any better, along with Nezuko.

"Tanjirou.. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I didn't want this to happe-"

Tanjiro leaned in closer, pressing his lips against mine. I started to blush, which made him laugh.

The sun started to set, which meant that it was nighttime now. The demon behind this will be coming out now. Great.

Suddenly, I felt something leap out of the basket on my back. It was Asuno! But- what was she doing-?

"Blood demon art, Sakura Swing!"

Asuno used her blood demon art to stop us from falling, and pushed us on the nearest cliff. I had also noticed something.

Asuno looked much bigger than she usually does, is it a thing demons can do? Make themselves bigger or smaller?

Before Asuno fell, I grabbed her and hand made sure that she wouldn't die like me and Tanjiro almost did. But all thanks to her, I'm still alive.

"A-Asuno!" I made eye contact with her as she looked back at me, smiling. She seemed exhausted from what she just did, but I couldn't complain. She saved my life just now, all because of my clumsiness.

"Asuno, I can't thank you enough.. you saved our lives just now! Seriously I owe you so much!" I went in and hugged Asuno, watching as her arms wrapped around my back. She seemed like she was about to fall asleep, so I carefully placed her back in the basket and observed as she got smaller, shrinking to her normal size.

"Did you like that?" Tanjiro looked at me. I got pretty confused at first, so I decided to ask.

"Like what?"

"Your fall with me," Tanjiro then looked away blushing, seeming ashamed for asking such an unordinary question. It was adorable, I loved him so much.

"Of course I did," I got up and extended my hand out. "You're cute."

I can't believe I just said that out loud-

Tanjiro's face heated up and looked at me again, embarrassed. I felt embarrassed too.

"HEY WHY DON'T YOU TWO STOP FLIRTING WITH EACH OTHER AND COME HELP US?!" Zenitsu yelled from afar, so that we could hear him. me and Tanjiro looked at each other, and looked away, laughing.

"Let's go get them before the same thing happens again."