Part 17

"You.. you probably think you're so good.." you picked yourself up, wiping the blood off your hands for a better grip.

"Excuse me? What did you say?" Rui turned to you, holding his threads in place.

"I'm going to do it with all of my strength and perseverance." You said to yourself, deciding to try to pull off something that you've never done anything like before.

FLASHBACK

Lacing lullaby

"This form puts the target to sleep with a lovely lullaby. It leaves a thread around the targets neck, loosening the limb making it easy to cut through like ripping paper. This form isn't too difficult to pull off, although it might cause severe exhaustion."

You closed your eyes and rested your hand on your sword, clearing up your mind. You ignored everything that was around you, except for Rui's existence.
"Musical breathing, 3rd form.." you said to yourself, getting prepared. You could sense Tanjiro's excitement, but you didn't think that you would actually be able to pull this off with the amount of exhaustion that you already had.

"Lacing Lullaby!"

A swarm of musical notes surrounded you, as it was apart of the decoration among the sword. It floated you into the sky, Rui looking around for where you could be. It was a sky attack, and Tanjirou looked up to see a beautiful figure flying down from the moon. You then saw the thread form around Rui's neck, so this is how you knew this was working. As you got closer and closer, you saw the thread more and more when you were about to kill a demon. Unfortunately the form didn't put Rui to sleep because he was too strong for it, although it did work a lot.

"And.."

Slash!

You swiped your sword right through his neck, then tumbling against the ground in return. Rui seemed surprised, as his body started to disintegrate along with his head. He gave you a look that seemed like he had just given up on everything, murmuring something.

"I'm going to hell aren't I.."

You started to feel bad, but then again he did assault you a few times. You had way too much sympathy for demons.

The good part was that the lullaby didn't make you too tired like the form said it would, although you did feel pretty weak. Tanjiro crawled over to you, hugging you. Thanks to you, everyone's lives has been saved. Asuno got back up on her feet, seeing her with much shorter hair felt different. Tanjiro opened his mouth, getting ready to say something.

"(Y/n)... thank you.. so much.. you saved me and Nezuko, and even your little sister.. I.." his eyes started to water, and Nezuko came over to him with a hug. How adorable you must say. A guy with black hair and blue eyes ran over, immediately protecting both Tanjiro and Nezuko. Wait- why?

He then said something to you. "You there, (H/c) haired girl. Make sure that a woman named Shinobu Kocho doesn't try to kill Nezuko. She has black and purple hair." You were about to go with it, until she already stopped by.

"Yoo-hoo~! Tomioka-san, may I ask why you're protecting a demon? That's against the rules, y'know." She then noticed Asuno next to you, walking over.

"Oh hey there, (L/n)! I have you sword, it's all yours!" She politely handed the sword to your sister. It was pink with little flowery keychains on it.

 It was pink with little flowery keychains on it

(Art not mine)

The man with black hair then snapped back.
"And it's also against the rules to let a corps member travel with a little girl, y'know. Addition to giving them a sword, ahem." He exaggerated the "y'know" in a way of mocking her.

"Well excuse me, I had given her an excuse."

"And I gave this young man an excuse right here, too."

Shinobu kept going on after that, him then catching her to prevent her from hurting Nezuko. She looked at Asuno, attempting to manipulate her.

"Hey (l/n). Since I gave you that sword, do you think that you could do the job for me~?" Asuno looked up at you, not knowing what to do.