4. Sliver of truth

Some time later, Diana, Evie and Cassie are walking down the hall at school

Some time later, Diana, Evie and Cassie are walking down the hall at school. The blonde is telling the twins about the new found information she discovered. 

"Zachary said my mother did something terrible to Heather Barnes. He said it was worse than death." "So what did you find out?" 

"After the fire, she spent two years in a psychiatric hospital. Then she was released and just dropped off the face of the earth." "Did she have any family?", asked Diana. "A brother in Finn Creek. No phone listing, but he lives close to here. Want to go with me after school, check it out?" 

"Yeah, totally in for creepy places" "Yeah, of course...", say the twins together, but then Diana adds ignoring her sister's comment, "Wait. I can't go today." 

"Can't go where?", says Adam as he walks up to them. "Hey, you! Finn Creek." "Why do you wanna go to Finn Creek?" 

"We're trying to find out what happened to Heather Barnes. She has a brother there.", explains Evie. "And you think he knows something?" "It's worth checking out. But I can go by myself, not a big deal." "You don't wanna do that. Finn Creek is a sketchy area." 

"Adam, why don't you take her? I can't reschedule my counselor eval." "No, it's fine. Really. I'm fine." "Heather was in that fire 16 years ago, maybe she can tell us what happened to our parents." says Diana. 

"Sure. I'll pick you up after school?' "okay." "It's okay. Really. We're friends." we're in this together. Come on.", finishes Diana before walking away with Adam. 

Evie then looks at Cassie and says, "Don't worry. I'll meet you guys there. I need to grab my Finn Creek boots.", with a small reassuring, yet slightly teasing smile she makes her way to her boyfriend who is standing nearby waiting for her. 

Nearby Faye and Melissa are talking by her locker, then they get into an argument over Melissa's relationship with Nick, resulting in Melissa walking away.

Later that afternoon Adam and Cassie arrive at Finn Creek. After they get out of Adams jeep Evie arrives and parks right behind them. She gets off and slightly jogs up to them. "Hey guys.", she greets them. 

"Oh, this is looking more and more like a bad idea." comments Cassie based on how abandoned the place looked. "We'll be okay.", reassured Adam walking ahead of the two girls. "What is this place?", questions the blonde. 

Evie then answers with a little amusement towards the blonde, "It used to be a little fishing village. But most people moved away and this is what's left. It's like a little ghost town. Creepy, huh?" "This is it.", calls out the boy. 

As they make their way up to the door Adam looks at them, turning back to the door he knocks. He's about to knock again when an older guy opens the doors startling the three. "Hi, we're looking for Wade Barnes.", begins Adam, to which Cassie adds, "Actually, we were looking for Heather Barnes. But we know that Wade lives here."