16. More to offer

*How Evie dresses for the fundraiser*

The following week the Meade twins woke up and had a normal morning, they went for a run, had breakfast and got ready for their day. Not long after they headed to the Java Brew to meet the rest of the circle. 

As they are all sitting together talking about Cassie's father Diana asks, "Where's he been for the last 16 years?" "I don't know exactly. He just said it would be safer for me and my mom if people thought he was dead." 

Faye then speaks up after the blonde girls answer, "That sounds like the excuse of a man who's hiding a whole other family somewhere." 

Adam calls her name for her to stop, however the girl ignores him and continues, "Oh, God. Imagine if there was another Cassie running around. Then you could each have one." 

Melissa then speaks up, "If Blackwell's such a huge force of dark magic, why didn't he do anything to stop the witch hunters?" "His power was stripped like all our parents." 

Jake then says, "None of us could have stopped Eben. He magically recovered after being impaled by a tree." 

And since he and Adam can't talk without the other lashing out in some way, the Conant boy says, "Seeing as you're the one who's still making deals with hunters, tell us, how did Eben get that power?" 

"I don't know. I would have asked, but he was too busy trying to kill me." 

Faye then speaks up once again, "Will you two just arm wrestle or something?" 

Evie then speaks up for the first time, interrupting Faye from her mocking, "Cassie, I think you're lucky." "How's that?" 

"Because we've all wished we could have back the parent we lost." 

Faye being Faye says, "Yeah, as long as that parent isn't the devil on his days off.", when everyone gives her a look she says, ""I'm leaving. I've got to scrounge together a date for casino night anyway. I don't want to pull a Diana." 

Adam then says, scoldingly, "Nice, Faye." 

Diana then speaks up after Faye had left, "So who's helping Evie and I set up for tonight?" Melissa then raises her hand and as the three are getting up the twins, smiling, look at Cassie and say, simultaneously, "We'll see you later."

	The girls then walk into the boathouse and Ethan greats them, "Hey

The girls then walk into the boathouse and Ethan greats them, "Hey. The intrepid planning committee.", the twins then ask, "Is that all for us?" 

"Yep. Cups, flatware, swizzle sticks. Ahh, cocktail napkins. I'll be right back." 

Evie then says to the girls, "People can just drink out of regular cups, right?" "Yeah, we don't need champagne glasses." Suddenly some guy sitting on a table nearby says, in a very hot Australian accent, "Flutes."