17. Unravel

The following morning Evie and Diana head to Java Brew with Melissa and Faye

The following morning Evie and Diana head to Java Brew with Melissa and Faye. Faye is telling the girls what happened with Eva when she went to look for Lee, "She threw it at my head. The girl has serious anger issues." 

Diana asks, "Which girl?" Melissa looks at her and says, "Faye had a run-in with Eva." 

"She almost killed me. She claims Lee left town, but I think she did something to him." 

Evie then says, "Guy got stuck in between you and his ex at casino night. You know, maybe he just bailed." 

"Then why is his car still there?" Diana then says, "He took a cab?" 

"No way. Lee worships that car. He thinks it makes him look badass. We need to search it.", the twins chuckle and say simultaneously, "That's illegal, Faye." 

"Not if we don't get caught." Melissa then asks Faye, "Are you sure this is about Eva?" 

"What did I just say?" "It's just, we both know how obsessed you can get about a guy. Maybe you're overreacting." 

"You weren't there, Melissa. Eva was hiding something from me behind those doll eyes and creepy voice. When do I ever ask you three for help?" 

Melissa then scoffs and looks at the twins. Not too long after the girls are at the Java Brew they get a call from Cassie to meet at the abandoned house.

When they get there Faye is the first to speak, "Who'd you piss off now?", the blonde girl begins to explain, "It was before our time. A witch put a curse on our families." 

Evie looks at everyone in the room and asks, "What kind of curse?" 

Adam then adds, "Apparently to keep our families from coming together." "Last night, we activated it." 

As soon as Cassie says that Diana's face falls and Evie holds her hand, Faye's reaction is her trying, mostly failing, to cover up her laugh, and she says, "So you two finally graduated from hand-holding and smooching. Congrats. What does that mean for any of us?" 

"It affects the whole circle." Melissa confused asks, "How?" the blonde girl continues, "My grandmother said, that one of us might die." 

Faye cuts in once again, "No offense. But the last time I saw your grandma, she was a little--" 

Diana speaks up for the first time only to cut Faye off, "Faye." 

Cassie then gets defensive with the Chamberlain girl, "This isn't a joke." 

Melissa then says, "I have been feeling kind of tired." 

Diana adds pointing at her and Evie, "We weren't feeling that great this morning." 

Faye then says, "Uh-uh. No one is dying. It's just a story your great-greats told their kids so they wouldn't have sex. It's abstinence education at work.", she then begins to walk away but turns around to look at her friends, "Are you three coming?"