20. Falls Apart

The next day Diana and Evie are dropping off pastries at Cassie's house for Jane's funeral, when the blonde approaches them, "Thanks for coming.", they both say, "Of course." 

"Are you guys okay?" Evie then says, "Sure." and Diana continues for her, "You're the one dealing with a tragedy." 

"We're so sorry about Jane." "Thanks. But I know you guys are dealing with a lot, too." 

"You mean like maybe being a spawn of Blackwell?", says Evie, earning a slight, but discrete, shove from her twin who adds, "Who knows if it's even true. We still need to talk to our real dad." 

"Well, have you guys said anything to the others?"

Evie looks at her and says, "No. And we're not going to until we're sure there's anything to say." 

"Evie, Diana, you've always treated me like family. And I know that things are really confusing for you guys right now, but if it turns out that you guys are my sisters, I'd be really happy about that." 

Evie looks away from her not saying anything and Diana says, "We'll talk to you later, okay?"  They begin to make their way out of the house, however on the way they bump into Faye and Jake, who's barely coming in. 

Faye greets them, "Hey." and Jake looks at his girlfriend and asks, "Is it true? Witch hunters did it?" 

"That's what Blackwell said." 

"We can't just sit here and let them get away with this.", he yells, causing the girls to look around and Faye to say, "And we won't. But right now, there are sad, fragile, old people here. Let's not give them a heart attack with angry threats. What you both need is something to take the edge off. Come, I've noticed my mom keeps a bottle of pills in her purse, you guys can head over to Jake's." 

She then leads them to it and they use their magic to push the purse over spilling its contents. Jake then walks towards the purse and Faye distracts her mother, while the couple exit the house.

	When Diana arrives home she sees her dad in the kitchen, "Dad? Have you been here all along? You missed the entire wake

When Diana arrives home she sees her dad in the kitchen, "Dad? Have you been here all along? You missed the entire wake. Why weren't you there?" 

"Oh, sorry. I got caught up with some work stuff. Where's your sister?" "I think she's at Jake's." 

"How's Cassie holding up?" "Okay, I guess." 

"She's going to need you, the both of you, now more than ever." "Evie and I have to ask you something. I'll fill her in later." 

"Anything." "What was mom's relationship, exactly, with John Blackwell?" 

"What do you mean?" "Is there a chance that... John Blackwell is our father?" 

"What? Where-- where is this coming from?" "Cassie and her father. Is it possible?" 

"Uh..." "Dad?"