12. Return

Later that night at the abandoned house Adam finds Cassie and amongst their talking and playing around they end up kissing. They pull apart when they hear a door creaking, when they look towards the stairs they see someone walking down, more precisely Jake. The older male then, rhetorically asks, "Am I interrupting something." Adam immediately gets defensive, "What the hell are you doing here?" 

"Keeping an eye on Cassie.", realization then hits the blonde girl, "You were at the school. You're the one who saved me and Evie from the fire." 

"So you're an avenging angel now. Don't they usually stay hidden in the shadows?" "Don't you usually have a different girlfriend?", stopping them Cassie asks, "What happened? Why did you leave with the witch hunters? Where have you been?" 

"I had to get them as far away from you as possible, before I could escape." "Part two of your plan is just to lead them right to her?" 

"I came back to warn you." "About what?" "Discovering you were a Balcoin stopped Isaac from killing you. Your bloodline's too strong for him to mess with. He didn't want to get torched like Luke." 

"So then I'm safe." "From Isaac. But not from the council." "There's a council of witch hunters? You their mascot?" "They have a ritual that they use to kill witches with dark power. The last time they used it was 16 years ago. To kill your father. It's how they plan on killing you."

 Jake then explains how the witch hunters killed her father but that he doesn't know the exact details. Adam doesn't believe him and Jake ends up leaving. Adam then takes Cassie to her house and while they're talking in his Jeep Diana walks up to them. Not long after both girls walk towards Cassie's front door which Evie is leaning on.

	The next morning Evie and Diana are having breakfast with Dawn Chamberlain in town when they see their father passing by outside and Diana calls him inside

The next morning Evie and Diana are having breakfast with Dawn Chamberlain in town when they see their father passing by outside and Diana calls him inside. "Girls, what are you doing here?" 

Evie speaks up enthusiastically for both her and Diana, "Dawn asked us to coffee.", the older woman adds, "To catch up on a little girl talk and gossip." 

Diana then grabs her twins hand and says, "We've got to run, so why don't you take my seat?" "No, I can't. I'm--" "Dad, sit." "Relax" both girls then kiss their father on the cheek and turn to Dawn with a big smile on their face. Diana then says, "Thanks again for coffee. This was awesome.", with Evie nodding and waving as they exit.

Meanwhile, Faye is at Lee's garage and she meets a friend of Lee's that doesn't seem so friendly. 

At the same time, Cassie is waiting for Jake in his bedroom. She confronts him on the reason why he's back in town. He says it's to save her life, and to find out how they killed the Blake girl's father. Still a bit skeptical she asks him how, they can't ask their parents, nor the witch hunters, there seems to be no one else. Jake however tells the blonde girl that he was at the boatyard the night of the fire, hiding in his parents' car.