Chapter 2

Authors Note : Bumblebee is mostly yellow with some black just like in the beginning of the show but Smokescreen, Wheeljack, and Ultra Magnus are there. I am not following the events of the show. Just wanted to make sure no one was confused! Also, I would love it if you would comment. I am still new to writing and would appreciate it if could help me improve! I do not own Transformers.

Smokescreen's pov

Me and Wheeljack were searching for Bumblebee. We wanted to see if he would come race with us before he went to pick up Raf.

" Where could he be." I groaned. 

"Come on, Wheeljack said, he might be in the main part of the base." 

I followed Wheeljack  and we walked into the main area and I saw Ultra Magnus talking to Ratchet. I walked over to them and was about to ask if they knew were Bumblebee was when one of the comm links on the computers went off.

{ Ratchet we need a ground bridge, said Optimus, and it would not hurt to prepare the medbay.}

{ Sending you one now Optimus. } replied Ratchet.

" Ultra Magnus, said Ratchet, go prepare the medbay."

" Hopefully everything is okay," I said.

" We can hope, but Optimus sounded pretty worried." replied Ratchet as he fired up the ground bridge.

Ultra Magnus came back just as the ground bridge roared to life and Optimus stepped out. It looked like he was holding something near his chassis. It didn't look like he was hurt, but I didn't know who else was with him and why he said to prepare the med bay if he wasn't hurt. Suddenly, I remembered that Bee went with Optimus on some mission. I was about to ask were Bumblebee was (again) when Wheeljack beat me to it.

" Optimus, Wheeljack asked, where is Bumblebee?"

" He is right here." said Optimus and he held out his arms. 

There was a tiny sparkling. He looked to be not even a vorn old. He had yellow and black coloring, door wings, and if is optics were open he probably would have had huge blue optics. 

" You're not joking. This is actually Bumblebee, the scout who had his voice box ripped out?" I asked.

" Yes Smokescreen", replied Optimus, " This is Bumblebee."

I starred at the sleeping sparkling in shock. I couldn't believe that it was Bee. Suddenly, I heard the sound of peds coming towards us and I turned around and saw Arcee and Bulkhead.

" Do any of you know where Bee is?", Arcee asked, " we have to  go get the kids from school."

" He is right here." replied Optimus, holding out his servos to show the sleeping sparkling.

Arcee and Bulkhead both looked down and their optics widened to the fullest extent. 

" I, I guess me and Arcee will go since Bee is unable," stammered Bulkhead, " So, do you want us to tell Raf what happened or what till we bring him back to base?"

" No," replied Ratchet, " we should what till Raf gets here so that we can fully explain."

Arcee and Bulkhead did not respond. They only nodded their heads and transformed and drove out of the base to go get the kids. I was still in shock when I felt somebot tapping me on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Wheeljack standing behind me. 

" Lets go take Bee's patrol since he can't do it himself." Wheeljack said.

" Okay," I said, " lets go."

" Be careful, " said Ultra Magnus, " we don't need to be down any more bots."

" Yes sir." we both said and we transformed and drove out of base.

As we were patrolling I couldn't help but think of how concerned Ratchet and Ultra Magnus were. Now that I think about it, Optimus was pretty quiet and was probably concerned but he was always good at not showing emotions. I heard Bee was lost his parents in the war and maybe Ratchet and Ultra Magnus helped take care of him. Whoever took care of him, I wanted to know the truth. Finally, me and Wheeljack finished patrolling and were on our way back to base. I would ask when we got back to base.

Ultra Magnus' pov

Ratchet asked Optimus to set Bee on the med bay berth and he did so quietly. I looked over at my friend and felt horrible. I knew Optimus' and Bumblebee's secret but Optimus asked me never to tell anyone. It was not easy watching Optimus and Bumblebee struggle to keep the secret but it was for their safety and ours and I knew I must respect that. 

I smiled slightly to myself when I thought of how Bumblebee was on Cybertron when he was this young and as he continued to grow. He was always happy and full of life and energy even when no other bot was. Maybe he could have a better life. Start again. I saw Optimus and he had a very faint smile on his faceplate. Perhaps, Optimus thought so to. I was lost in thought when I heard the sound of someone driving in. I looked over and Jack had gotten of Arcee and Miko and Raf had gotten out of Bulkhead. Jack and Miko were waiting for their guardians to transform but Raf had run over to me and Optimus and asked, " Were is Bumblebee? Is he okay?" 

" Calm down Rafael, Bumblebee is okay," said Optimus calmly, " he is with Ratchet and you can see him whenever Ratchet allows it.

" Okay, thank you Optimus." said Raf.

" You are welcome Rafael." said Optimus.

Raf went over to Jack and Miko who were listening to Arcee's and Bulkhead's conversation.

" Poor kid, " I said, " he cares for Bumblebee a lot. Raf would be devistated if something happened to Bumblebee." 

" We will do everything we can for Bumblebee. We cannot lose him or Raf." said Optimus.

Optimus and I glanced over to where Bumblebee and Ratchet were. Ratchet was still running test and checking over Bumblebee. He would be okay, he was one of the strongest bots I knew.