~12~

Hers was the beauty that made Aphrodite insecure, made Athena cower in fear. She was so breathtaking and Avan could never deny that, but her external allure was nothing compared to the magnificence of what was inside. She was a masterpiece with her strokes of kindness, her brushes of intelligence and the superiority of her optimism. Liz was always something to behold and he was more than blessed to call her his wife and the mother of his child. She was more than bonds of marriage and motherhood could ever confine her in.

He missed her so much even if he got to see her everyday. Avan couldn't wait until everything was happy again.

So why was he so apprehensive about her remembering? Try as he could, there was that little corner of his brain that could not be swayed. He wanted to be overjoyed and moved to tears at her amnesia's regression but he just couldn't. A small part of him didn't know how to react or say but Avan knew exactly why he was feeling this way.

But he wasn't even going to allow himself to think of the answers to his questions. She had forgotten and so will he.

The rest of the day after Liz had unexpectedly bombarded him with the information that she was starting to remember, Avan couldn't think of anything else but Liz and the situation they were in. Rather, the situation that they used to be in and how it will be in the future.

He went home that day bearing good news to Ariana who was watching over their child.

"She's what now?!" Ari exclaims softly, trying not to startle the child within earshot.

Her hands were on her face as tears brimmed in her eyes. Ariana has been waiting just as long as Avan and the fact that her best friend was starting to recover sent her to ecstasy and back.

"She remembered the first time we met," Avan informs more calmly. "She says it was because of the flowers you sent her."

"Oh my god! Oh my god!" she squeals, bouncing in place, not being able to hold back anymore. "I'm gonna start crying!"

Her words alerted the small child and made her run towards her godmother. Mia's small arms wrap around Ariana's legs in an attempt to comfort the older woman.

"Don't cry, auntie," Mia coos. "I love you."

Her behavior reminded Avan too much of Liz. She was as sweet as honey and there was no denying that she definitely got that from her mother.

"Your mommy's getting better, Mi!" Ariana tearfully informs the almost five-year-old.

Avan internally groans. He didn't plan on telling Mia anything until the time he was sure Liz could go home and live her everyday life. It wasn't because he wanted his daughter to live in the dark about everything but just because he didn't want the little bugger to ramble on and on about how much she wanted Mommy to come home.

"Is she coming home soon, Papa? Is she? Is she?" the little girl bounces, raising her hands up in the air to tell her father to carry her.

Avan stoops down and carries his daughter into his arms. His nose finds its place in Mia's brown hair and inhales her powdery kid scent, reveling in her childhood as long as he could before she, too, became unrecognizable.

"Maybe, lovie. We'll see, okay?"

"Did you hear that, auntie? Mommy's coming home!" she squeals excitedly, before realizing the fault in her statement. "Maybe."

The two adults present chortle in amusement at the girl. She was such a smart little thing.

"Alright, I'm gonna go now. Bow your head and pray that your mommy gets to come home soon, okay?" the older woman lightly squishes the child's cheek and pats Avan on the shoulder before walking out of the main door.