~29~

Avan wakes early in the dawn to find himself pinned down on the bed by his wife's naked body. Her head was pillowed on his chest and her smooth, bare legs tangled with his hairy ones. He finds himself smiling at her peaceful state and brushes his fingers against her porcelain cheek. With his gesture, Liz subconsciously snuggles closer to him and accidentally knees his naked member.

He stifles a pained groan as not to wake the sleeping woman in his chest. They had just made love for the first time in a year and it was the best feeling ever. It took Liz quite a few weeks after the talk they had to finally let herself get this intimate with her husband again but the important thing was that she was letting him in. She was trying day after day and that was more than enough for all of them.

Almost symbolically, the sun rises from outside their window and shines on Liz's milky skin. It was as if the universe was telling them that their dark days were coming to an end and better ones were coming their way.

Avan squints to see the digital clock that they had on the bedside table with his arms still wrapped snugly around Liz's torso.

6:00 AM

"Why are you up so early, hub?" Liz's croaky morning voice speaks against the skin of her husband's chest before yawning.

"Hey, you're up too," he softly chuckles, pressing a loving kiss onto her forehead.

"You were up first," she teases, rubbing the pad of her thumb over Avan's nipple.

He bites the insides of his cheeks to hold in a moan at his wife's motion but doesn't make an effort to stop her.

"Thank you for being so sweet last night," she whispered as her hand ascends to his earlobe, gently fiddling around with it.

Instead of verbally replying, he claims her soft lips with his and affectionately caressed her bare back. One of his hands crept up to rest against the space between her shoulder blades and the other rested against her plump bum. He lightly squeezed her butt cheek, catching her by surprise, and she shrieked into his mouth. He chuckles against her lips before prying her lips apart with his tongue.

Liz responds to him by greeting his tongue with hers once it came into her mouth, eagerly battling for dominance. She moans into his mouth as she felt her hand on his bum creep lower and lightly brushes over her core. He didn't quite slip his fingers in her, only testing out her responses. His long fingers rub circles over her lower lips with a little more force than he did a while ago and she spreads her legs a bit wider to allow him more access to her most intimate body part.

"Mommy," a soft voice calls followed by a weak knocking on their locked door. "I can't open the door."

Avan groans loudly as Liz pulled away from him and teasingly pecks his lips.

This is the price they had to pay for having such an early riser for a daughter.

"Papa, open the door please."

Liz chuckles at Avan's expression as she pulled up her underwear and clipped on her bra. She teasingly sticks her bum out at him when she stoops down to collect his discarded shirt and boxers. After putting on his shirt, she tossed him his boxers, making it land square on his face.

"Get dressed. Mia's waiting," she giggles. "Horny."

"You were horny too," he rolls his eyes as he raised his hips to properly pull up his underwear.

"Shh, language!"

Liz swings their door open to find their five-year-old daughter in her light yellow night dress with her balled fist rubbing the drowsiness away in her dazzling blue eyes.