Truth or Dare - 1

It was just a boring Saturday afternoon. 

No crime, no mission, no nothing. Just the Avengers dying of boredom in the Avengers tower. 

Steve was sitting on an armchair, frowning at the phone in front of him, desperately trying to figure out how to send everyone else messages that actually did make sense instead of ones that said: fyuijhvfcuiebhl uhoijl yghssdkf. 

Tony was behind him, smirking at Steve and also shooting the empty bottle of beer on the coffee table in front of all the chairs with his iron gauntlet. A blast hit it, and the bottle exploded, sending shards of glass everywhere.

Natasha was sitting across from Steve, polishing her guns and sharpening her knives, as one does in their free time, especially when they were bored. Clint was edging away from her, intent on not getting hurt by the assassin. 

As well as that, Clint was throwing darts at the dartboard above the fireplace (after months of convincing Tony, he had finally bought it), with all the darts hitting the centre. He rolled his eyes and stood up, pacing around with nothing to do.

Bruce was sitting on a chair by the fire, listening to some music (probably opera) to help him meditate. Apart from that he looked extremely bored, tapping his fingers on his knee, trying to distract himself. 

Thor was humming some Asgardian tune, smiling to himself as he ate poptarts that  the tower provided for him. He was fiddling with Loki's hair who was sitting in front of him, and what was once a nice plait, was now an ugly knot. 

After destroying another empty bottle, Tony looked up as if he had a great idea. "Who wants to play Truth or Dare?" he asked. Everyone looked up. 

"Sure," Natasha said, looking up from her weapons. 

"Can't hurt," Bruce said, taking his headphones off. 

"Something to do," Clint remarked, a grin on his face. 

The only people who looked stumped were Steve and Thor. Loki was grinning evilly. "What is this 'Dare or Truth' you Midgardians speak of?" Thor questioned. "Yeah," Steve agreed. "I am absolutely stumped." 

Tony laughed. "Oh, Capsicle," he said. "You'll understand soon." Natasha rolled her eyes. "Truth or Dare is a game where you either answer a question - a truth - or do something usually embarrassing or humiliating, but fun - a dare," she explained. Steve and Thor nodded. 

"I think I get Dare or Truth," Thor announced, grinning broadly. 

Tony groaned. "Truth or Dare," he corrected. "Be right back." Tony rushed off. When he came back, he was holding another empty bottle. "I'll spin," he said, spinning the bottle. 

It spun. 

And spun. 

And spun. 

"God, Tony," Clint said. "What did you do?" Tony shrugged with a smirk and the bottle veered to a stop. It pointed at Natasha. Tony looked at the assassin confidently. "Truth or-"

"Dare," she interrupted. Tony smiled evilly. 

"Announce who you are and confess the person you are in love with in front of everyone in S.H.I.E.L.D." I scowled and stared at him. "Really, Tony?" she asked. Tony nodded, smirking. "I'll set up the video." Everyone leaned forward eagerly as Tony turned on the TV and hacked into S.H.I.E.L.D, giving them access to the cameras. 

Natasha grumbled something about Tony being a child and walked out. She appeared on screen. "I am Agent Romanoff and I am in love with Agent Barton," she announced to the agents who looked up in confusion. Then, she hurried out. 

When Natasha came back her face was bright red. "I am so going to get you for that, Stark," Nat warned, sitting down back in their circle. It was only then when she noticed Clint sitting there, looking very embarrassed, stunned and confused. 

"You alright?" she mouthed. Clint nodded. "Later," he mouthed back. Natasha nodded and spun the bottle. 

When it slowed down it landed on Steve. "Truth or Dare?" Natasha asked him. "Uh....truth?" Steve said, obviously unsure if it was the right choice. Clint and Tony, like children, booed. Natasha punched Clint's arm. 

"If you could date anyone now," she said. "Who would it be?" Steve frowned as if in thought. 

"Let me guess," Loki said. "Bucky?" Thor chuckled and clapped Loki on the back, forcing him forwards into the coffee table."

"Ow," Loki groaned, glaring at his brother. 

Thor let out a deep, hearty laugh. "I am sorry, dear brother. Quite silly of me." 

Loki kept glaring daggers at Thor who edged away, looking scared. "Awkward," Tony said, in a whiny voice.

"Hawkward," Clint corrected. 

Natasha rolled her eyes. "Anyway," she said. "Steve, you have to answer the question. Who would it be?" 

"Peggy?" he tried. Natasha shook her head. "She's dead-...I mean, in a better place." 

Steve visibly shook and an emotional expression came onto his face. It faded quickly. "If not her then I guess..."  

"What about Bucky?" Clint asked. "I thought you guys were dating back in WWII." Tony burst out laughing and Loki, Thor and Bruce snickered a bit too. "No," Steve said. "We weren't dating." Everyone raised their eyebrows at him and Steve's face grew hot. "We're not!" 

"Also, he's dead," Natasha pointed out. "So, can't say him." 

"Fine," he said. Steve said something under his breath. "What was that?" Bruce asked, a playful glint in his eyes. Steve glared at all of us. "Tony," he mumbled, barely audible. Silence. Just plain silence. 

Tony's face was bright red. "Oh.." he said, trailing off and looking at the floor. 

Clint was making some weird snickering noises. Natasha looked at him like, Quit it! She subtly started sharpening her knife again and Clint shut up, looking pale and scared. 

"Anyway!" Steve exclaimed, spinning the bottle, breaking the awkward silence. The bottle spun. 

And landed on...

Hi everyone!

Hope you liked the first chapter as 'Avengers: Truth or Dare'. Tell me what you thought of it and tell me if you have any ideas for upcoming 'truths' or 'dares'.

If you enjoy this book, check out my other stories too! Thanks,

Daughter of Athena