Chapter 8: "Earth Crack"

"Well! That was a long ride... I thought we flew more than that last night... why did we take so long..?" Suki said as she hopped off Appa.

"Oh! I don't know! Sokka..! Would you like to answer that?" Mai said sarcastically.

"Ha ha. You're so funny mai. I knew you treating me nicely wouldn't last long." He replied

"You being annoying isn't temporary, is it?" She said.

"I'm surprised the place has a room for each and one of us." Ty lee said as she walked inside.

"Yeah, I tried looking for a place where we wouldn't have to be close to eachother that much..." Zuko said unpacking their stuff

"We should keep this place instead of the old cabin at ba sing sei." Toph said with a firm tone of voice.

"Um... you built that "old cabin" in Ba sing sei" Katara added.

"Exactly." She said as she walked inside.

"I honestly don't know how anyone isn't dead yet." Mai said.

"What do you mean..?" Zuko asked her, placing the last few bags on the floor.

"Nothing Zuko. It's fine forget what I said I was just making a joke" said as she also walked inside.

"What is up with everyone..." he sighed.

"Look... it seems like it's going to rain..." Katara said as she looked up to the sky.

"That's great maybe we could use that in our favor and train you."

"I don't know Zuko... I'm not really in the mood for training right now. Specially not close to you."

"Katara it was just a dream! You won't kill me. Plus I know how to swim."

"Can you not make a joke out of the situation?" She said as she walked inside upset.

"I'm! Sorry..." he sighed "well! What a day the one we have ahead of us..."he also stepped inside.

"Wow... I imagined it would look... different..." Suki said

"Why different?" Sokka asked.

"Because Zuko said it had been abandoned for a while." She replied

"Not abandoned, just that... nobody has lived here in a certain amount of time that's it." Zuko said.

"Oh how easy is to misunderstand someone in this group." Toph said in a sarcastic tone as she walked to find a room where she could stay and started to unpack Sokka followed her

"Okay. I'm sick of this. You're going to talk to me, right now." Sokka said walking in Toph's room.

"I have absolutely nothing to say to you so get out before I make you the cabin's decoration."

"No. No no no. You have EVERYTHING to say to me. So go on. I'm listening. I won't step out of your room until I hear what you have to say."

"Good. You can spend the rest of the day in my room then, I'll go out and train!" She said as she tried walking out but Sokka was blocking the way with his arm.

"You're not going anywhere." He said

Sokka's pov:

~There was something else bothering her... I don't know what it was but she look devastated. As soon as I noticed I CLEARLY wasn't the only thing in her mind, I put aside the fact that I wanted to fix MY mistake, and tried to help her, in other words, I stopped thinking about me and started thinking for her, I didn't care that she was still mad at me, I could think about that later, in that moment all I wanted was for her to feel fine again.