Chapter 15. Gathering Eggs

YOUR POV

I slowly open my eyes to a bright light entering through my window. I turn on my phone to check the time, it is now 10AM. Looks like spring break is going great so far.

Tomorrow is the last day of spring break meaning its bunny day! My family and the Zvahls are going to have an egg hunt in the backyard. We will also have yummy desserts mom has already started preparing. As I walk over to the bathroom I already smell the appetizing smell of the desserts.

Once I'm done with my shower I fix up my hair and get a crop top I got when I went to the mall with the girls.

Did I forget to say tomorrow is also april fools day? Cadenza and I are going to the party store to get supplies for some good old pranks.

I walk downstairs to greet my mom and Vylad. "Hey mom, hey Vylad! Cadenza will be picking me up in a few minutes."

Vylad waves at me while still staring at the TV, the TV is playing a documentary about something about traveling and what looks like famous landmarks.

"That's great darling, I made you some toasts you can eat while you wait!" She says while mixing the batter.

"thank you!" I say getting some milk to accompany my breakfast.

A few minutes pass by and I finally hear a knock at the door. That must be Cadenza.

I greet her and say bye to my mother and Vylad. We walk to the sidewalk and continue walking until we meet the bus stop. We wait a few minutes until a bus arrives.

As we get on we get welcomed by the smell of the bus, the smell of gum on the seats and of anything and everything anyone has brought on the bus. Once we get to our destination we get off and sprint inside the party store. Theres so many Easter decorations but Cadenza and I rush over to all the party things.

We grab a few things and head to the register. We pay and part our ways.

~~

I wake up once again but this time the annoying alarm clock wakes me up, its finally Easter. I take a shower and put on a pastel blue/pink/yellow (you may pick one) dress. I fix up my hair and put on some blush and mascara.

I walk downstairs to find a pleasing smell of baked goods. Anything and Everything you can think of, cupcakes, cake, muffins, everything. All homemade too! I'm a bit upset I didnt get to bake very much but the outcome of all the work my family put into them is more than enough to make me no longer upset.

I sit down and watch TV with Zane and Vylad while eating toast, we peacefully wait for the Zvahls to come by!

After a few minutes we finally hear a ring at the door bell, I open it excitedly to find the one and only Laurance Zvahl. I greet him along with Cadenza and their father.

We all go outside and grab some baskets to keep our Easter eggs in. We decided to go in teams: Zane and Vylad, Cadenza and Garroth, and Laurance and I.

Laurance and I look around the bushes for eggs. We find 2 pastel colored ones, the colors of the eggs low key look pleasing.

We keep looking until our baskets are almost filled up, I can imagine how much chocolate I will have by the end of today. Finally our parents call us and tell us it's time for dinner.

We sit at our outdoor table with a large feast in front of us. The desserts looking as appetizing as ever.

Without hesitation we grab our forks and knifes and start to eat.

----

It is now nighttime and Laurance and I are feasting with our chocolate eggs, the floor is a mess. Wrappers and plastic eggs everywhere!!

Then, we hear Laurance's father saying his goodbyes. I assume it would be time for him to leave so we clean up and start walking downstairs. As I walk towards the door Laurance grabs my arm and kisses me on the forehead. He laughs at my red face and continues walking towards the front door.

No words can describe how much I love Laurence Zvahl..

Words- 730

Sorry this is shorter than usual I have been having a lot of homework but today I finally got the chance to finish up this chapter! The next few chapters will be shorter but I can assure you I'll have this book finished by 2021 and I'll have book 2 out by april!! I'm still planning a lot for the next few chapters and book 2 but enjoy this for now!

-Mari/Maii