💋CHAPTER 10💋

💋Seeing You Again💋

I heard footsteps behind me. I knew that sure gait, that confident football.

 I knew that sure gait, that confident football

"Copter"

I feel his breath on my neck

I feel his breath on my neck. For a second, I wanted his arms to wrap around me, but that wasn't going to happen.

Pull yourself together Bas.

I bit my lower lip harder hoping to gain some courage, and then whipped around forcing my shoulders back, my chin up, and painting the widest grin on my face I could manage given my current state of terror. I was professional after all. "Copter, hi. How are you?"

 I extended my hand. He didn't take it. He just stared at me with an intensity that made me feel naked...like suddenly. I needed to cover up. 

I pull my hand back. If it was possible, he had become even more handsome and confident then when I knew him years ago. There wasn't anyone who could stand near him without feeling a little weak in the knees, and mine were nearly the consistency and strength of jelly.

A cleared my throat. "This is in any way awkward for you, we can cancel the entire interview at any time."

Please cancel. 

Don't cancel.

What?

"From what you said on the phone, it sounds like you're the one who wants to back out. You haven't changed at all." He was stating a fact, no emotion in his voice.

I Shrugged, choosing to ignore the double meaning in his words. "It wasn't exactly chopping at the bit to write the story. For obvious reasons." I could feel my cracking. I couldn't keep this up much longer. "I thought we could be adults about this."

Shifted his weight, towering over me, his hands on his hips stance of Authority, of control. Wasn't used to anyone telling him what to do.

 His face was so close to mine that I could feel his breath on my right cheek. He got a little closer to my ear and I could feel his breath tingling my neck, it was like him teasing me, like he used to when we were together.