ONE

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╗
ONE
someone to stay
will you fix me up?
will you show me hope?
at the end of the day you were helpless
can you keep me close?
can you love me most?
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╝

s1;e22

"HI, YOU'VE REACHED VIOLET PEARSON. I'M NOT ABLE TO COME TO THE PHONE RIGHT NOW, SO PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE AFTER THE BEEP."

"Hey, Violet. It's Stefan. I know it's been a while, but I need your help. Call me when you can, please."

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

VIOLET GAZED OUT THE WINDOW OF HER SEASIDE APARTMENT, CONTEMPLATING HER CHOICES. On one hand, the last she heard from Stefan had been many moons ago, save for a brief message on Lexi's fate, but on the other hand, she'd had her fair share of asking him for help, and he'd never let her down, not even once.

Her phone lit up again, the ringtone catching her off guard. She picked it up, her thumb hovering over the answer button. She pushed down on it, hesitantly bringing the phone to her ear. "Hello...? Stefan?"

"Violet..." He answered, as though shocked she even picked up. "It's good to hear from you, thank you for calling me back. I know it's been a while. Listen, I hate to do this out of nowhere, but I need your help."

"Nice to hear from you too." She responded, unsure of her own words. "Can you explain what happened? And what do you think I can do to help?"

"It's a bit of a long story." He started. "You know how we originally thought Katherine was stuck in a tomb underneath Mystic Falls? Well, she wasn't, and in the process of trying to free her, we let out a group of vengeful vampires, and they're trying to get revenge on the founding families and murder us. And now Katherine's back, and she keeps pretending to be Elena, who somehow is a carbon copy of Katherine, like some sort of doppelgänger." He explained.

"Doppelgänger?" She asked, her heart racing. "What do you mean by that?"

"They look like the same person, Vi. It's uncanny, their resemblance. If you put them side by side I wouldn't be able to tell which is which."

"Oh," Violet replied. "I'd heard of Katherine being a doppelgänger, but I'd never known of another one." She said, leaving out the fact that she'd been waiting for the doppelgänger for more years than he'd even been alive. "Stefan, don't tell me you're in love with this one too." She teased, but it goes silent on the other end. "Seriously, Stefan?"

"I couldn't help it." He admitted. "I was indeed only interested in her to begin with because of her similarity to Katherine, but that's not what made me fall in love with her. She is completely different from Katherine, in a good way. She's warm where Katherine was cold, she's kind where Katherine was nasty."

"Oh, Stefan." Violet replied softly, shaking her head. "You sound head over heels for her. I just hope you don't get hurt like you did last time."

"Yeah, I hope so too. But this is different, I know of it."

The answer to her dilemma was all too clear at that moment. "I'll come back to Mystic Falls, Stefan. I'm currently on the coast of Australia right now, but I'll be there as soon as I can."

"You've always been a sucker for beaches, haven't you?" He laughed softly. "Thank you, truly. I'll see you soon."

"Bye now, Stefan." She hung up the phone and placed it down on the table.