ch. 1

・゜・。

・゜・。

r a v e l

"you called me sir?"

an ash blond male slides the door open, revealing the small lounge. eyes of dark chocolate scan the room in search for a familiar bundle of black, poofy hair at a desk, but no one is currently in the room. after a few seconds of observing, he cautiously steps into the room, feeling something squishy underneath the sole of his foot. mingi slowly moves his head downwards to see a humongous, yellow caterpillar on the floor, so he instinctively jumps back. his back collided with something hard from behind and a scream leaves his lips.

"mingi, calm down." the ceo says, turning the idol around. "i didn't mean to scare you like that-"

"i wasn't scared!" the younger male defends, trying to protect his pride, but his frightened visage betrays his words.

the ceo takes a moment to sigh at mingi's childish behavior. "well anyways, I called you here for a reason."

the sleepy, middle-aged man brings the boy to his desk and sits down on his chair. he crosses his arms and his legs over each other as he leans back on his brown, leather chair. his tired expression plastered on his face says many things, but good news isn't one of those things: his eyebrows scrunching together displays a hint of inner-conflict, his teeth slightly biting his bottom lip resembling hesitation, his eyes avoiding the idol's gaze provides a sense of suspicion.

something happened. something bad happened.

mingi couldn't tolerate the quiet atmosphere anymore and slams his hand on the man's desk. "what happened?!?"

"your mom is in the hospital," he blurts out.

the male takes a moment to absorb the information thrown at him; the furious visage transitions into a confused look. "you're lying."

the older man shakes his head. "the hospital's front desk called me today. she has been working overtime for the past few days and collapsed at work this morning."

with nothing else to say, the ceo picks a pen and a sticky note before scribbling the address on the paper. he gently places the small yellow piece of paper in the hands of the idol and holds his hand for a while, providing mingi a sense of reassurance. "hey, she's going to be okay. don't hurt yourself on the way."

the ceo escorts the shocked male to the front of the school and gives him a pat on the back before he returns to his work pile in the lounge. being left alone, the blonde turns his head around and notices the string tied to his ceo's finger shining brightly.

specifically a blue string.

he smiles at the thickness of the thread of the string and begins his walk to the hospital, where his mother was resting at. he doesn't need to worry about his mother's health; he knows that she will be fine.

his ceo and his mother were deathmates since they share the same blue string of fate, but they don't know. no one knows who shares the same death day as them except mingi. he isn't only gifted with a musical talent, but also an ability that foresees the future.

an ability that allows him to see the blue strings of fate- strings that established the day where two people were fated to die together.