ch. 4

・゜・。

・゜・。

b l o s s o m i n g

"aaahh!"

mingi covers his ears in pain as he opens one eye to see the patient shrieking in fear once again. "oh my goodness, can you calm down, lady?!? i'm not trying to hurt you!"

it has been a few days since the pair encountered each other on their fateful day. after mingi was knocked unconscious, he was taken to the police station for interrogation once he woke up before being released from the case as a mistaken criminal. the poor dude lost a lot of sleep because he was continuously asked questions for several hours after he became conscious.

the blond male rubs his eyes to keep them open. "i'm just here to talk- nothing more."

the female holds her blanket as a shield from any potential danger the unknown stranger would unleash. "about what?"

mingi settles himself on a chair that is next to the patient's hospital bed before talking. "um, this might not make sense, but i'm your death partner."

the bald female takes a few seconds to comprehend the words that fell out of her visitor's mouth. after a while, she smiles. "i have absolutely no idea what you are talking about."

"well obviously," the blonde scoffs. "i didn't even elaborate on what i said."

he sighs before continuing. "well, i have this ability that allows me to see these blue strings that are connected to two people. the blue strings symbolizes death and the thickness of the blue strings resemble the amount of time a pair has before their death."

"that's where the 'deathmate' part comes into play; because the ends of the blue strings are connected to you and i, we are considered 'deathmates.'"

once again, he allows his deathmate to absorb the information that was provided to her. the young lady on the bed closes her eyes and caresses her chin softly. occasionally, she nods her head as if she's processing the information through her head. "okay, i think i understand now."

she cracks a smile again at the relieved male beside her. "well, i'm min yeona and i have stage III lung cancer. how about you?"

The visitor is slightly startled to hear his deathmate's condition, but he still introduces himself to him. "song mingi, an idol at kq entertainment."

"you're an idol?!?" yeona exclaims with widened eyes, earning a nod from the visitor. "that's so cool!"

they shake hands with one another with a small smile plastered on their faces. the atmosphere is practically choking them with the awkwardness that fills the emptiness of the room; however, as new acquaintances, mingi decides to stay in the room for a while longer to get to know each other.

until the door suddenly opens with force.

behind the door is a nurse who was passing by the room when she saw a familiar blob of blond hair within a patient's room. in assumption that he was here to assault the patient, she intervenes the two of them without hesitation and pushes the blonde onto the floor. a frightened expression is written on her face as harsh breaths escape from her mouth.

once she hears the high-pitched shriek, the patient tries to calm the nurse down by explaining their situation while the visitor is being slapped in the face and dragged out of the room.

here we go again.