ch. 8

・゜・。

・゜・。

k e n o p s i a

"yo, yeona!"

mingi barges into the room with a prideful expression, his grin curved up to his ears.

"my group's recent music video has been uploaded on youtube!"

yeona turns her head to the entrance of the room with her signature smile, brightening the atmosphere.

"i'm so proud of you!" she exclaims as she pats the chair next to her bed. "come and show me the video!"

doing as she said, the blond male closes the door before taking a seat beside her and pulling out his phone. he exaggerates the story through the change of his tone and massive hand gestures, the grin never leaving his lips once, as the video plays before them. the ill female simply listens to the tale and focuses on the group.

the bald female has always enjoyed his friend's stories because it feels like she is there too, training along with him. she imagines herself in the practice room singing to her heart's content as the instructors watch her belt different notes of a song.

man, she wishes that she could have been there.

"you know, i think we would make a great team if we became idols together." the bald female suggests while nudging her visitor's shoulder.

the blonde playfully scoffs at the idea. "as if."

"hey, you know i am good at singing! don't lie to me!"

suddenly, a sharp pain comes to the female's chest and her breathing quickens, occasionally coughing into her cupped hands. blood splatters along the white blanket sheets and her hospital gown as her breathing transitions into wheezing.

she can't feel the air traveling into her lungs.

the loud beeping of the heart monitor catches mingi's attention, causing him to stop blabbering about his accomplishment. he immediately rushes out of the room and notifies the doctors and nurses about the situation before a group of medical professionals swarm the room.

they usher the bed out of the room and transport her into the emergency room while the blond male stands in the hallway, hearing unfamiliar terms being thrown around. their shouts bounce against the walls and soon everything becomes quiet.

with his jaw clenched, he roughly takes off his glasses and tightly squeezes them.

for once, he has no idea what to do.

he feels so useless in this situation, a foreign feeling to him.

all he knows is to make people happy by performing music.

he was trained for dancing, for rapping, for producing.

but he could not do anything about this situation, not one bit.

all he could do is stand in the middle of nowhere, not able to lend a hand whatsoever. only silence lingers in the hallway and the image of yeona's pained expression continues to appear in his mind.

for once, the sound of a thread snapping resonates in his ear, bringing mingi's attention to his blue string.

a strand of the string splits into two, and the color of the thread no longer shines as bright as before.