chapter eight

Spencer's POV:

"Hello..please, please help me. Spencer... Spencer, i-if you can hear me please, h-help me." There was a beat. "Look under the knight of awesome stars." A scream, and a clattering sound ending the call.

"Play it again." I beg, my eyes closed. The message replayed.

"Hello..please, please help me. Spencer... Spencer, i-if you can hear me please, h-help me." That same pause. "Look under the knight of awesome stars." Followed by the yelp, and the clamoring sound that ended the call.

"Again."

"Spence-"

"Again, Garcia." I bellow accidentally, sighing. "Sorry," she shook her head, playing the message again, a tear rolling down her cheek.

"Hello..please, please help me. Spencer... Spencer, i-if you can hear me please, h-help me." That pause seemed longer. "Look under the knight of awesome stars." Followed by her echoing shriek, and the shattering sound that broke the phone.

I opened my eyes, moving around the table to the white board.

"What did she mean, 'look under the knight of awesome stars.' ?" Prentiss questioned, looking to Hotch.

"She could be saying she's being held outside, she sees the stars."

"Or that she's seeing stars? Maybe she's being drugged." JJ said quietly as to avoid my hearing her.

"What if it's not from her? What if it's from the unsub, telling us something we don't know." Rossi offered.

"It's her." I sent out a wave of silence, staring at the whiteboard.

"Look
Under the
Knight
Awesome
Stars"

"It's acrostic, it's a writing style where the first letter from the words in a sentence make a hidden word look," I tapped the whiteboard. "L, U, K, A, S"

"Lukas." Morgan seconded.

"Whoever Lukas is, he's the unsub." I say, turning to my team.