chapter ten

Vanessa's POV:

The screams singed my throat, sweat disabled my vision, as I desperately trying to catch my breath. Sharp slicing cut through my inner thigh again, releasing blood to trickle between my legs. My wrists and ankle latched into the wooden table straps. Keeping me from shelling myself in any way.

"Stop! Stop! Please! Please stop!" I begged behind loud sobs. Lukas cut down my thigh again, harder, faster this time than before. I let out a piercing cry.

"That's right 'Ness! Scream for me!" He yelled, running the blade down another part of my leg, forcing out another blood curtailing scream. He laughed. He was laughing at me. I weakly raise my head from the table.

"You're sick Lukas!"

"You know what's sick, 'Ness?" He asked, suddenly eerily calm, spinning the bloody knife around his fingertip. Slowly pointing it at me. "You." He hissed. "You left me when I needed you most. You ran. You left me and ran away!" He slammed the knife into the table between my upper thighs. I tried to shut them, forcing my legs closer, crying.

"I had to! I had to leave! You beat me, Lukas!"

"YOU!" He charged me. "You made me do that!!"  He bellowed behind my horrified screams.

"I didn't! I swear! I didn't do anything!" I sob. He yanked the knife from the wood, clipping my chest as he wield it to my neck.

"YES YOU DID! YOU TRIED TO LEAVE ME!" I shut my eyes, pulling away as far as possible. He rummaged around on the medical tray next to him, picking up the syringe.

"Lukas please! Please! Please! Don't!"

"You were gonna leave me, I couldn't have that." I squirmed trying to avoid him, the needle pierced my skin and I felt that warm fuzzy feeling fill me. He tossed it aside, grabbing me by the jaw. "Now, you'll never leave me again." He traced the back of the blade down my face, raising his arm back high, as my vision faded...

"FBI don't move!"

Spencer's POV:

The team rolled up to the abandoned house under Lukas Elwood's alias. My adrenaline skyrocketing.

"Prentiss, Rossi, Morgan, take the back, JJ you're with me and Reid." Everyone nodded breaking away as we approached the front door. Hotch kicked it in and we flood the interior. The house was decaying, covered in dust and soot, wrapped in large cobwebs. Hotch motioned and we all dispersed. I went right, entering a dinning room filled with sour and rotten foods. Maggots crawled over the vile dishes. I took an exit, going down a hallway and finding a door. I threw it open uncovering a staircase. Hotch approached to my right, with JJ on my left as I descend. Taking the lead. Voices floated through the stale air. We were all at the ready. The staircase turned, veering left, light bursting in from the opening. I could feel my heart beating in my throat, envisioning how I'd find Vanessa...I stepped onto the lit stairs, hearing screams, I pushed down to the basement floor.

"FBI don't move!" There he was. Lukas his behind Vanessa, shoving a large hunting knife against her neck. She was laying atop a makeshift surgical table, bleeding, unresponsive.

"Drop the knife!" JJ barked. Lukas pressed it closer to her throat.

"Lukas Elwood, drop the weapon now!" Hotch's voice made my body warm, staring at Lukas. His eyes floated to me, locking on as an evil grimace smeared across his face.

"Spencer." He said calmly. I tightened the grip on my revolver. "How nice of you to join us." I thought about what Hotch said, that boiling feeling escalating inside me. "It took you long enough to find her, I thought you'd be here sooner. Some genius you are."

"Lukas, drop the knife." I warn, level headed.

"You know I've been watching you too, I know all about you Dr.Reid. Your schzo mom, your dead scientist girlfriend, what you read, what you eat, how you like your coffee, where you live."

"You have to the count of three to drop the knife or I'm going to shoot." Hotch threatened.

"But you can't take my girl." Lukas ran a gang over Vanessa's head. "The only thing I don't get is why, why someone like you, would want to be with such a boring, snobby..." He started to rise.

"One."

"...drug addicted, stuck up..." Bringing himself up more.

"Two!"

"...two timing, whore!" My gun fired at the now standing Lukas, bringing back his shoulder. His face twisted, cocked down at Vanessa, giving one last attempt to stab her. I fired again, this time execution style. Watching him drop to the ground with a heavy thud. I rapidly holstered my weapon, running to grab Vanessa. Her face pale, skin cold, checking for a pulse. Her legs painted with wide deep slices, blood still spilling over her skin.

"Sp-Spencer?" She whispered airily, as I unlatch the first bind.

"Don't talk, don't talk, it's okay, you're gonna be okay." Her eyes fluttered closed. "Vanessa,  Vanessa stay with me, hey, wake up, wake up." 

"Reid."

"I ca-I can't find a pulse." I started to spiral, checking everywhere as JJ and Hotch unbuckled the restraints. "I can't get a pulse."

"Spence."

"She needs a medic." Hotch demanded, closing her legs.

"I can't find a pulse-"

"Reid!" Derek's voice shot my head back, jolting me into reality. I stop, panting, my hands shaking. I lift Vanessa bridal style, racing up the stairs and out of the house. Paramedics were ready, waiting outside with a gurney. I lay her down, still unresponsive. Watching as the EMT's place a mask over her face, load her into the ambulance, and drove her away.