chapter forty five

Vanessa's POV:

I rotate sleepily, alone in Spencer's bed. I settle back into his sheets, taking a moment to bask in the intimate setting. I stretch across the mattress, snuggling into his pillow. Thriving on memories of last nights erotic events just as the smell of coffee, and maple syrup took my focus. I look around for my panties. Unable to find them, I slip into my robe and make my way to the kitchen.

"Hey! Good morning." Spencer sang as he saw me heading for the table. He came into view, fully dressed and put together at seven in the morning, as usual. He was in the vest with cream accents I'd gotten him, over a brown collared shirt. His wrist watch over the sleeves of his shirt, a dim black tone, matching his tie,

"Morning. Wow." I relax, awestruck. "What is all this?" He set a plate down, greeting me with a lengthy kiss.

"This, is Christmas Eve breakfast." He said directing me to my chair.

"Is this a tradition you have with your mom?"

"Uh, no." He said in an exhale, brushing my arm, as he sat down beside me. He gave a quick grin, tucking his lips. "I thought it could be ours." I swooned, feeling a bit of lightheadedness. "Last night was the most fun I've had in my whole life..." He couldn't find a way to hide his smile. "I want every Christmas Eve to be like that. We'll do breakfast in the morning, French toast and omelettes, just how you like. And everything else from last night. Movies, dancing, and-"

"That." I flirt.

"Defiantly that." He was flustered. But it was layered in arousal, making me blush. I bit my lip, bobbing my head bashfully.

"Every Christmas Eve?" I scrunch my nose.

"Every Christmas Eve." Spencer leaned forward, kissing me gently. His hand moved up my thigh reaching my waist. I release a pleased hum, pulling him deeper into me. "What do you say?" He moaned, reminding me that I hadn't yet answered, verbally.

"Of course." I pull away. "But I get to do Christmas." I say, raising my eyebrows. He chuckled, shrugging his lips.

"Okay, deal." I gave him my pinky.

"Pinky swear or it doesn't count." He had this nostalgic look in his eye as he put his pinky in mine and we shook. "I can't believe you did this. Baby, this is amazing." I gushed looking over the table-turned-buffet.

"I actually enjoy cooking, it's essentially just math and chemistry on a molecular level." I stopped gazing, and turned to him. His eyes already on me, as I pointed to the plate of fluffy, icing topped, cinnamon rolls. "This." Spencer nodded, smiling pridefully. "This, you did this." I furrowed my brow as I pick one up. "Oh, my god." I coo'ed, making him smile that prize winning smile of his, as I uncoiled some of the treat. "Ohhhh, I love you so much." I groan through a mouthful of cinnamon bun.

"I love you too." He said through choppy laughs. Spencer sat back with his coffee, enjoying my enjoyment for a while before moving to his own plate of decadent goods. Allowing me to napped sips of his coffee until he kindly decided to get me my own.

"After breakfast, I'm taking over," I said sipping from my own mug. "We're gonna decorate for Christmas." He gave me a conflicted look.

"But, I don't have any decorations."

"That's okay. We'll get some." I smile tastefully through my coffee, enjoying his cautions indecision.

Spencer's POV:

After breakfast, Nessa kissed me and went off for a shower. I still heard the water running as I finished the last dish, setting it in the sink. I walk up to the bathroom and stopped hearing, something muffled.