Chapter 3: Part 1

I remember the first day we've met Miyeon.

Fate brought her to us in the middle of the first semester during my Senior year in college. The days before I've learned that we're going to have an addition to the group, everything was mediocre. Boring. It was just me trying to survive my training to become an idol, and my studies.

I remember we were almost late for class that day that's why we're rushing, almost forgetting that a shy, beautiful, talented, and kind girl was about to bring color to our lives.

***

** "Yah! Minnie-unnie! Wake up, we're gonna be late!!" Yuqi's loud-ass voice rang out and kept echoing for a few seconds inside our shared room. Ughh. My head is pounding due to the lack of sleep from an impromptu five-people party we had late last night. How can this Chinese girl be so energetic? Ughhh...

I opened one eye just to peek at the bed across from me, Soyeon's already gone preparing for class. Props for their young bodies to recover easily from staying up really late till morning. While I, on the other hand, has an aching body and a really bad headache.

Oh yeah, hi!! I'm Minnie Nicha Yontararak, a fourth year student at the College of the Utmost Bellàs Exclusive, CUBE for short. It's pretty awkward if I say only the shortened version, but I don't really feel like tiring myself calling it in its whole form. So, bare with the name, CUBE.

"Kim Minnie, you look like a mess." Soyeon laughed at me when I ignored her remark and went straight to the sink to wash my face and brush my teeth, "Oh right, I think we all collectively forgot about the arrival of our new dorm mate."

"Was it today?" Soojin asked from the living room, she's this friend who has a great body and good at dancing, but gets easily embarrassed about everything.

"Right... Sorn-unnie told me about her yesterday. Said that I would finally have a same-age friend. Hahaha, it was nice meeting you kids, but this is good-bye, I could finally have someone who could understand what I feel." I said dramatically, placing a hand in my chest.

"Kim Minnie, you're too old for us, how can we possibly understood you?" Yuqi earned an eye roll from me. I'm not in the mood for teasing and joking. I need to drink something for my head.

"The Director will never disclose this information to just anyone, but she called me in her office last Friday to tell me that the girl came from YGU." Soyeon searched for her guitar that was on the floor and placed it inside its bag.

Soyeon was greatly liked by the school's President and Director ever since her highschool years. Her group was even invited before at our university for a street dance performance even though she's still in highschool. She was great at all areas and probably ranked the most firsts overall in all yearly evaluation since she enrolled. Out of the five of us, she's the first one to be given a chance to debut as a solo artist. It may have not been as successful as we all wanted to for her, but the Director already saved a space for her in the line-up of the newest girl group that CUBE would debut this year.

Am I jealous? Of course, who wouldn't? I'm the oldest among us, and Soyeon, being a year younger than me, says a lot about my skills. I'm still lacking. That's why I decided to focus on my training and attending all my classes even though I was bored to the bones by all of them.

We were almost done when someone knocks at our door. Must be my dear friend, Sorn-unnie aka, our Resident Director. We both came from Thailand so it's natural that we became friends quickly.