Part 2

When I laid back to the soft comfort that is Miyeon's bed, suddenly, I wasn't sleepy anymore. I kept on tossing around. I'm so tired, but why can't I sleep?

Am I thinking about Shuhua's confession? Whether it was true or she's really just joking? So what if it's true?

Or am I thinking about Miyeon, alone out there in the cold of the night?

Ugh. I don't know. There's hundreds of thoughts going on inside my head right now. Thoughts in different languages I learned throughout the years, swirled inside my brain.

Ha.

Forget it.

Go to sleep, self!

I faced the opposite direction, hoping it'd help me fell asleep somehow. A window that shows the night view of the garden came into my vision. I spotted the owner of the room sitting outside in a chair, between the flowers, holding a steaming mug for her dear life's sake. Cho Miyeon, stupid.

I didn't give it much thought and took a coat from her closet, woah, she's not kidding, she really likes hip-hop. Hanging from her closet are the usual styles of clothing she wears in school.

I took one coat for my own and one for her, and silently went to the back door that she showed us a while ago.

As soon as I stepped foot outside, wearing her bunny slippers, my breath became visible due to the cold. Man, it's really chilly out here.

I took a turn until I finally spotted Miyeon, with her arms hugging herself, the mug in between her thighs, and her teeth chattering. She's only wearing a simple t-shirt and a pajama, and she had her eyes closed.

"Boo!"

Miyeon almost fell out of her chair with the mug seconds away from dropping until she caught it with both hands.

"Yah..! Minnie-ah! You scared me.." Miyeon said with her hands still clasped tightly around the mug.

"Sorry. Hihihi."

I offered her the coat I took which she gratefully accepted.

"Did I wake you up? What are you doing outside?" Her questions made me wonder as well.

What am I doing out here?

Right. Of course it's natural to care about the owner of the house I'm staying the weekends in. But being me, I'm not gonna admit that to her.

"You didn't wake me, I just wanna take a stroll around." I lied.

With no other people in sight, the night view of the surroundings is really beautiful. The only downside is that it's really cold.

"You want to stroll around, even if it's this cold?" Miyeon asked in confusion.

No. I'm not stupid, I actually wanna go inside already. Is what I wanted to say, but again, to support my lie, I ride along.

"Yep. Will you join me?"

"Yeah. Sure. That would be nice." She looked at me, smiling widely, as her eyes sparkle through the light of the moon.

As we walked around the area (which was pretty huge, to be honest), I can't help but be curious of what's going on in her mind.

"Miyeon-ah, how about you? What are you doing out there, alone?"

"What do you mean? I was there to drink my coffee."

"That's all? You know you have a pretty big kitchen, a dining area, and a living room for that?"