Part 7

Our foods arrived soon after and Shuhua kept on asking me where Soojin was, or if she would join us for lunch.

"I told you already, she won't. Haven't you been listening?" My voice was raising——I had failed to control it—earning curious glances from the three other girls. "Sorry. I'm just not in the mood. Mondays are the worst day of the week, indeed."

Me and Shuhua were fine, I'm not mad at her and it's up to her if she'd follow through our conversation last night and apologize to Miyeon for her childish act. I told her what I think is best for the situation, but if she still think she didn't do anything wrong, and Miyeon doesn't mind at all, then it's fine. Besides, I'm more preoccupied with my short but kinda intense exchange of words with Soojin earlier.

After we ate in silence, we made our way to our designated rooms. I noticed Miyeon's subtle glances thrown in my direction but ignored them. I don't want to talk about what's bothering me, more so with someone I only knew for a few weeks.

All of our afternoon classes ended, yet still, my mood was down. Luckily, I have an extra class today, Korean Language. I'm still taking this class even after more than three years of staying in this country.

Miyeon bid me good-bye and went to the dorm.

I have two hours before I have to deal with and face Soojin again. Hopefully, I'll calm down by then.

***

By the time I finished answering the activities, it was already dark outside. I'm hungry... What could be our dinner for tonight? I hoped Soojin cooked something with soup, it would be great in this chilly weather.

Wait. Damn it. I forgot for a second there that I was mad at her.

I decided in the last minute to went out instead and ate there. There's a lot of nice restaurants and fast-food chains outside the school grounds. I should have asked Shuhua to come with me, it's so awkward to eat alone. Ugh.. Nevermind, we're not in the best situation either.

I called Miyeon and invited her but told not to tell the girls about it. I lied to her that I wanted to treat her since I never had the chance during her first week.

"Minnie-ah, you know you don't have to treat me, right? It's not like I transferred just for you." She laughed full of humor. I just smiled at her.

"Hey, it's nothing special. I just wanted to officially welcome you in our group this way." She's looking at me full of compassion that it immediately made me want to take back my words. My lie. I just wanted to avoid unnecessary drama in our dorm, and that's the only reason I invited her. "So, what do you want to eat?"

"I want some ice cream!!" I jumped from my seat when I heard Yuqi's voice coming from behind me.

"Why are you here??"

Yuqi smirks, "Oh. It's not just me. I came along with everyone."

True enough, following closely behind, entered Soyeon, Shuhua, and of course... Soojin. *sighs*

Soyeon walked to us full of smiles, "Thought I'd forgot about the deal between us three?" She looked back and forth Miyeon and me, "I'd like to change some details, though. Instead of going out every afternoon, it would be just a one-time thing, only for today. And instead of just me, you two would treat all of us. Deal? Deal."

I'm starting to get annoyed, this day couldn't get any better. I just wanted some peace and quiet, but now I was faced with this messed-up situation.

Soojin doesn't even seem interested on being in here, and I felt Shuhua's a little distant.

"How did you guys know where we are?" Miyeon asked. The answer's obvious, Miyeon-ah. They followed you.