In Position

Seonghwa shook his head, focusing his attention back on Chief Kang. He was being briefed for the 56th time in his 5 year career at precisely 2:19 pm on Saturday. Officers were only briefed if the case was important.

"...We've already arranged the accommodations. The part of the city you'll be in will most likely close to the murderer, so, even though there's no need to say this, be careful, okay?"

"Alright, Yeosang, I get it. Just let me get my bags and we can go." Seonghwa replied, ruffling Yeosang's hair as he walked past, not looking back as Yeosang stuttered his disapproval.

He headed to the detective's office to grab his stuff. Mingi and Jongho were working at their desks. "Mingi, can you get your boyfriend to unwind a bit while I'm gone?" He asked. "I'll try." Mingi said, chuckling. "It'd be for everyone's benefit. He's way to uptight." Jongho added.

"Well, I need to go. Take care of yourselves until we meet again."

"Until we meet again." The two said, chorusing their standard goodbye.

Seonghwa got in the car after he loaded his bags into the back, pulling onto the main road in the early morning sunlight.

He pulled up to Sangjohan Apartment Building precisely 17 minutes later  and walked in. The main office area wasn't fancy, but it wasn't shabby either. There was a worn, kind looking man behind the desk.

"How may I help you, sir?" He asked politely. "I'm Park Seonghwa. My friend called about the roommate advirtisment in Apartment 23."

"Oh, yes!I'm Jeon Seokjin,  I'll take you up to meet Mr. Kim." The man said. Seonghwa scooped up the bags and followed him up a flight of stairs. "Here we are. Hongjoong!" Seokjin called.

A young man in his early 20's that stood at about 5'7" opened the door. He had a medium length blue mullet, a regal, handsome face, and an impeccable sense of style.

His dark eyes sparkled as he introduced himself. "Hi, I'm Kim Hongjoong. I guess we're roommates now." He paused, addressing Seokjin. " I got the orientation from here, Jinnie hyung."

He gave a playful smile as he waved the older man goodbye. He turned back to Seonghwa. "Follow me." He walked back through the door he came out of.

Hongjoong have him a short tour of the apartment, along the way agreeing to speak informally, ending in the second, smaller bedroom that was now Seonghwa's. "Eat what  you want in the cabinets or the fridge. You can watch what you want, but please don't go in my room. I'm going out with some friends now. Bye!" With that he left a very confused Seonghwa to go meet up with his friends.