Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"I've never seen you in the crowds before." The middle blocker from earlier comes up to you while you are waiting for Akaashi and Bokuto. "Hi. I'm Kuroo the captain of the Nekoma boy's volleyball team."

I meet his narrow eyes and say, "Hi... Y/n is my name." And then you divert your eyes back to the locker room doors. You finally see Akaashi and it seems like he's looking at you? But you wouldn't know because his head turned to look at another direction too quickly.

"So you're here to cheer for Fukurodani? That's a dumb mistake. The energy flowing through that team couldn't possibly support the brain system...They're nothing compared to us where our oxygen is in a constant flow!" Kuroo puffs his chest a bit.

You scrunch your eyebrows in confusion. Did this kid just compare volleyball to science? Like actual chemistry?

Kuroo doesn't seem to notice your confusion because he's too proud of the chemistry reference he made.

"KUROO!" A thundering voice approaches. "I know we kicked your butts, but that doesn't mean you should take revenge by hitting on our beloved cheerleader."

Kuroo rolls his eyes at Bokuto, "Just shut up, you owl."

You see Akaashi coming close and stops next to Bokuto. He swiftly glances at you before greeting Kuroo. "Greetings, Kuroo-san."

Kuroo grins and says, "Oya? Still no girlfriend, Akaashi? I thought I told you last practice match that you should start searching for a girl."

Bokuto smirks at Akaashi. Akaashi rolls his eyes, "You don't have to worry about me, Kuroo."

Bokuto interrupts, "Hey, hey, hey. 'Don't worry'? That means you're actually onto something, then." He pokes Akaashi's arm with his elbow and grins.

Akaashi diverts his eyes to the ground. "Like I said, don't worry about it." You've been observing Akaashi's face the entire time. He's blushing. (Author's note: AKAASHI BLUSHING WOULD BE SO CUTE)

Akaashi already likes someone then?

Well, of course he would. I just met him anyway. I'm sure there's another girl he's close with that he met in the beginning of the year.

Wait. Didn't Bokuto say he doesn't hang out with girls?

So that could mean... Nah, I'm getting ahead of myself. I just met him on Monday anyway.

***

"Here you go, y/n." Akaashi hands out to you a pork bun. You accept gratefully and take a bite. It was so good and warm you had to let out a small groan satisfaction. It was freezing outside since it's late November and you were just happy to have something warm enter your body. Akaashi smiles at you a bit and you blush realizing that he must've heard you. "Sorry..."

Akaashi slightly shakes his head and his voice is so low only you can hear him say, "It's okay. I thought it was cute." And then he takes a bite off his pork bun as if what he said was completely normal.

You stop chewing and stare at him with wide eyes and the tips of your ears are burning. You open your mouth to awkwardly say thanks, but Bokuto interferes by saying, "This pork bun is SO GOOD!"

After you helped the team clean the court, they invited you to walk with them to the supermarket and buy pork buns. Now all of you are sitting on the curb enjoying the small meal. You stare at the road intensely because you were too embarrassed to look at Akaashi. Thankfully, Konoha started a conversation with you, "Hey, y/n, what did you think of the game?"

Everyone including Akaashi turns to look at you. You look to the side, 'Well, I thought you guys did really good. Your defenses were strong and well, obviously Bokuto's spikes were amazing..."

"Yay!" Bokuto exclaims when he hears you mention his name.

Akaashi head cocked to the side and said, "What about me, y/n?"

You widen your eyes, "Uh-"

"Yeah, what about me, y/n?" Konoha asks next.

"And me?"

"Ooh! And me?"

One by one each of the players asks and you giggle. Your eyes meet Akaashi and you silently say, You did amazing, Akaashi.

It seemed like Akaashi knew what you were trying to tell him because he smiles.