Chapter 6

Chapter 6

You were eating a granola bar during your lunch break at work when your phone got a text.

        Baby Owls Gang! <3

Bokuto-san:)

Don't ditch us today, y/n

                            Me

Of course not >:)

Akaashi;)

Looking forward to today.

    You get butterflies in your stomach when you read Akaashi's text. Oh God, he barely said anything special, y/n. Get a hold of yourself.

    But it's Akaashi! AND I'm going to his house today. How can I get a hold of myself? Another voice says.

    You shake your head in order to try to clear your thoughts. But who are we kidding. It's Akaashi. He's in our heads 24/7.

***

It's later in the evening when you ring Akaashi's doorbell. You notice that there's only a small car that Akaashi usually drives in, and you realize Akaashi must be home alone. You whip your head when the door in front of you opens with a creak. You are presented with Akaashi in a loose crew neck sweatshirt and black joggers. You visibly gulp. This man already looks hot in his school uniform and his volleyball jersey, but he looks straight up beautiful in casual clothes.  

Akaashi slightly smiles and says, "Hey."

Please rail me.

You smile awkwardly, "Hi."

Akaashi holds the door wider to let you in. When you step inside, you see that the inside of his house is a simple, modern white theme. You turn to look at Akaashi who is gazing at you, "Your house is really pretty."

Akaashi shrugs, "It's okay. Come on, let's head to my room."

Those words make your stomach turn nervously. What kind of room does Akaashi have?

***

*Akaashi's POV*

Why isn't Bokuto here yet? Did his mother never teach him that one should never leave a lady waiting?

I glance at y/n. She's sitting so patiently while I see her eyes exploring my room. I blush a bit. I wonder what she thinks of my room? Well, it can't be anything too bad. I'd say my room is pretty simple. It has white walls with light blue bed sheets and minimal decor.

I look down when my phone vibrates.

Bokuto-san

Bokuto-san

Yo. Is y/n there yet?

I roll my eyes and type a short response.

Me

Yes.

Bokuto-san

I'm sorry, but suddenly my head and stomach hurts, so I can't go. You and y/n have fun though! Bye ;)

What?

Great. Now I have to break the news to y/n. I glance at you again and you're reading something on your phone. I wish you would tell me what you're reading. I wish you would tell me your hobbies, your favorite food, your favorite color. I just want to know you...

I clear my throat, "Ahem." You look up with your pretty (e/c) eyes. "So... Bokuto isn't feeling well. He can't come today."

I see your eyes sadden, and I feel bad for thinking you look adorable when you pout.

**Y/N's POV**

UBERUFBORBEOA BOKUTO ISN'T COMING? HE'S LEAVING ME AND AKAASHI ALONE?

**Akaashi's POV**

"Want me to put on some music?" I ask trying to think of something to lift your spirit.

Your head nods enthusiastically yes. I smile and look up Sofia by Clairo. I turn the volume up a bit and start to take my chemistry notebook out. I pause when I notice you staring at me with wide eyes.

"What? Something on my face?" I ask while bringing a hand to my face.

You shake your head, "I'm just surprised at the choice of song you made."

I soften my gaze, "Well, I remember you told me this was your favorite song."

I see your cheeks turn into a light shade of pink and you smile. We bop our heads lightly to the music as we read our textbooks and share our notes. I can't help but keep glancing at you. You look so pretty in regular sweatpants and a t-shirt. Though, I wish it were my shirt instead.

You meet my eyes, and my heart skips a beat when you smile.

If only you knew, y/n...