Chapter 14

Chapter 14

    You're here... Where you should be... Snow is falling as the carolers sing...

Bokuto's arm is your waist and his other hand is holding yours.

"JUST WASN'T THE SAMEEE ALONE ON CHRISTMAS DAYYYY," he sings loudly. You laugh out loud and sing along with him while Kuroo cheers you guys on.

"I like your dress by the way," Bokuto whispers. You smile and pinch his cute cheeks.

"Thank you, Bo." Bokuto grins. When your gaze shifts to the side, you meet Akaashi's stare. You wave at him, and he blushes a bit, but you're too far to notice. He acknowledges your wave by lifting his hand since both of his hands were full from holding hot chocolate.

Bokuto notices your eyes on Akaashi, so he looks at him and waves him over. "Ayo, Agaashii. Dance with us!"

Akaashi freezes when he hears Bokuto. He points to himself with a questioning face. Bokuto nods. He carefully places the drinks to the side and struts over to you guys.

"So... how do I dance?" He asks softly.

Bokuto pats Akaashi back in pity. "You just do."

"Huh?"

Bokuto grabs Akaashi's arm and places it around you. You freeze and so does Akaashi.

"Ayo! Kuroo! Change the song!" Bokuto exclaims.

"You got it!" And then he puts on Walking In A Winter Wonderland.

Bokuto leaves you two, and Akaashi seems to finally get some courage as he pulls you closer to his chest. He looks down at you with his piercing blue eyes and his breath hits your cheek. His hand is gripped on your waist while the other is gently holding your hand to the side.

"I'm sorry about this." He whispers softly as he glances at the rest of the crowd. Bokuto and Kuroo are jokingly slow dancing together.

You look at him sweetly. "It's okay. I think it's fun."

    As the song went on, you lay your head on his shoulder.

    "I haven't seen you since we came out of school. How have you been?"

    You chuckle lightly, "Well, I've been working and baking a lot."

    Akaashi lays his cheek on top of your head, "That's good. I mean, I stopped by the mall a couple of times, but I didn't want to disturb your work."

    Your head shoots up accidentally shoving Akaashi's face up too.

    "What? Why??? I would've wanted to see you. You would've made my day better..."

    Akaashi smiles, "Yeah?"

    You nod with your lips tight. Akaashi stares at you intently and he slightly leans in. When you are just about to lean in closer, Bokuto puts his hands on both of your shoulders.

    "Heyyy. Let's countdown to midnight!!! It's going to be Christmas in like a couple of minutes!!" Bokuto grins.

    Akaashi clears his throat and lets go of you. "Alright."

***

    "MERRY CHRISTMAS!" Everyone shouts. Well, except Kenma and Akaashi. Bokuto picks you up and twirls you around while you give a big laugh. He suddenly stops when Akaashi roughly grips Bokuto's shoulder.

    "Don't be so rough, Bokuto-san," Akaashi says with a warning tone. Bokuto smiles sheepishly and apologizes.

    As everyone continues to eat and talk amongst themselves, your recieve a text. You look down at your phone and you see your mom texted you.

    Hi hon, it's getting late. You should come home now.

    You sigh and reply, On my way.

    You look up and say, "Hey, guys. I gotta go now, haha."

    Bokuto pouts, "Aww goodbye, y/n!" He hugs you tightly and the rest of the team does the same. Well, except Kenma and Akaashi.

    You wave at everybody as you close the door behind you. As you walk down the front steps through the snowing night, the door opens again. You quickly turn around and see Akaashi breathing heavily.

    "Y/n..."

    You widen your eyes. "Oh, what's up, Akaashi?"

    He walks across the snow closer to you and reaches into his pocket. You narrow your eyes and gasp when you see something reflect in the moonlight.

    It's the bracelet Akaashi bought that day.

    "I... I felt like waiting a bit to get closer to you before giving this." He whispers as he tenderly grabs your hand and slips the bracelet onto your wrist. " I like you, Y/n L/n."

    You open your mouth to respond, but before you could say something, he kisses you.

(HIS POV: He wanted an opportunity to feel your lips before you would reject him.)

    He holds your cheek as he quickly leans in and presses his lips to yours. You freeze in surprise for a second before softening into his kiss. Your hand brushes through his hair and the other stays flat on his chest. His other arm tightly wraps around your waist as you both melt in each other's embrace.

    When you separate for an intake of air, you giggle. "You never let me answer."

    You stroke his cheek with your thumb. "I like you too, Akaashi. A lot."

    Akaashi's face lights up. "Call me Keiji."

    You smile and Akaashi leans in once more to give you a peck on the lips. "You'll be my girlfriend, then?"

    You hum and whisper, "Of course, Keiji."

    The front door opens again and Bokuto comes out. "Where's Aka-"

    He pauses when he sees you two close to each other. "DID YOU GUYS KISS??"

    Akaashi sighs, "Bokuto-san, it's midnight. Use your indoor voice."

    Bokuto ignores him and looks at you, "DID YOU GUYS KISSSS?????"

    You giggle and nervously nod. Bokuto shoves a fist into the air. "AHHH. I'm sooo happy for you. But doesn't that mean you guys will ditch me..? :("

    You wave your hands frantically. "What? No, of course no-"

    "Yes." Akaashi says.

    "Keiji!" You warn.

    He looks at you with mischievous eyes, "Yes, sweetheart?"

    You freeze and your face heats up despite standing in the cold.

    "Ewwwww," Bokuto pretends to gag.

    "Shut up, Bokuto-san."