Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"How did it go at Akaashi's house, y/n?" Bokuto asks when he and Akaashi set their bags down on their desks.

You look up from your computer, "Oh, it was good. I finally understand some stuff."

Yes. I swear it was a wholesome study "date".

"You wish it wasn't so wholesome, though." Your other inner voice says.

Shh. Don't expose me.

You see a flash of disappointment on Bokuto's face."Hm. Alright." He sighs and sits down.

Akaashi raises an eyebrow but ignores him. He looks at you with an unreadable expression and says, "I hope you do well on your test."

***

When the school day ended, you headed straight to the supermarket. Since it's Monday, you have to buy the usual groceries that run out in a week. You're carrying a carton of eggs because you suddenly feel like baking some cookies tonight. You turn to the aisle where the sugars are, and your face hits a strong surface.

"I'm sorry," You automatically say. You look up to see Akaashi staring at you with surprised eyes. "Akaashi!"

"What are you doing here, y/n?" Akaashi asks.

You look down, "Um- just some errands... I plan to bake some things..."

Akaashi leans down a bit and peers at you with his blue-green eyes trying to get you to look at him, "Can I join?"

Your head whips up, "Wha-?"

Akaashi smiles a bit, "I'm going to help you bake."

He straightens his back and then grabs the carton of eggs in your hand and walks to the self-checkout counter.

You stand in shock for a second and say, "Oh, wait! I need sugar..."

***

"I can carry the bags you know. They're not heavy," You whine and elbow his side. Akaashi shakes his head and he continues to walk. The both of you are walking to your house that is just a couple blocks away.

"Exactly. They're not heavy, so let me carry them," Akaashi responds.

You groan. "Why are you so nice??"

Akaashi pauses and when he was about to answer, his phone suddenly rings with the WII music as his ringtone.

Akaashi blushes a bit and answers the phone, "Hello?"

"AGHAASHI! What's up? Where are you? You haven't texted me at all!" You hear Bokuto on the phone.

Akaashi sighs, "Bokuto-san. It's Monday. It's the day we don't have practice, so I am busy doing other things."

You purse  your lips. You kind of feel bad for stealing Akaashi away from Bokuto.

"Doing what?" Bokuto asks.

Akaashi looks at you and smiles, "I'm walking with y/n right now. We're going to bake cookies."

You blush at his sweet smile and look away.

"YOU'RE WITH Y/N??!!!" Bokuto yells so loud Akaashi has to move the phone away from his ear. "I'M HEADING OVER RIGHT NOW!"

"Do you even know where she lives?" Akaashi asks with an amused eyebrow raised.

"Of course. I looked her up in the school office. Goodbye now."

Akaashi widens his eyes, "Wait- I don't think you can do tha-"

But Bokuto had already hung up.

You burst into laughter. "I can't believe him. HAHAHA."

Akaashi shakes his head and suddenly grabs your wrist. "Come on. We have to get to your house before he does."

He drags you along as he starts to walk fast down the sidewalk.