Chapter 5

Chapter 5

It's been about three weeks since you met Akaashi and Bokuto. There have been days when it would snow all day, but it really just added to the feel of the holidays coming up. It's your favorite time of the year, and you're happy that you got new friends to celebrate with this year. Everyday Akaashi and Bokuto would sit with you, Yukie, and Kaori at lunch. The conversations were very entertaining, and you lost count of the amount of times water has shot through your nose from laughing at Bokuto. Plus, it wasn't all bad because Akaashi would come in right away with a tissue wiping your face.

Today in study period you were peacefully writing notes for Spanish while listening to your favorite song. At some point last week, Akaashi and Bokuto moved into the empty seats on both of your sides, so Akaashi immediately noticed you started to bump your leg up and down to the beat of the song. You were too busy reading  to notice him watching you until he leaned in close and plucked  one of the earbuds out of your right ear. You flipped your head to the right in surprise.

"What'cha listening to, y/n?" Akaashi asks.

"Um-" Before you could answer, he plugs in the earbud and observes the song. After listening to it, he looks at you with confusion in his eyes.

"It's Sofia by Clairo," you say to clear his confusion.

"Ah, I've never heard of it before. This your favorite song?" He asks while the earbud is still plugged in.

You nod. He then says, "One of my favorites is Make You Mine by Public."

You perk up, "Oh yeah, I've listened to that before. It's a good song." Akaashi smiles softly and opens his mouth to say something, but Bokuto interrupts.

"Well, MY favorite song is Single Ladies by my queen Beyoncé!" Bokuto exclaims.

You laugh and say, "I don't blame you, Bokuto. It's such a bop!"

Suddenly, the bell rings and you jump in surprise. Akaashi chuckles softly and picks up his bag. You pluck your phone off your desk and right when you are about to put it in your pocket, Akaashi grabs your wrist. You look at him in confusion.

"Hey, I just realized I don't have your number...," he says and your eyes widen. "Would you mind giving it to me?"

Bokuto heard him and chimed in, "You're so right, Akaashi! Gimme your number, too, y/n!"

You smile. "Of course!"

Akaashi and Bokuto take out their phones and write down the number they gave you. Immediately, your phone chimed with the notification of a new text. You look down and see:

Baby Owls Gang! <3

Bokuto:)

Hey hey hey!

Akaashi;)

Hi.

                                                                                          ME

Bye. 

"Aw, so rude, y/n!" Bokuto complains.

Bokuto:)

Akaashi pats his shoulders and gives you a wink

Akaashi pats his shoulders and gives you a wink. You blink in surprise and blush. Akaashi says while dragging Bokuto out of the room, "Come on, Bokuto-san. Let's go to lunch and cheer you up with food."

Bokuto perks up, "Yay!"

Akaashi shakes his head in disappointment, but little do you know that Akaashi is gleaming inside because he's happy he has your number now.

And (this is a secret between us and Akaashi😉), he also put "Future Sweetheart" as your contact name.

***

"Okay, we'll go over the set up for prom in next week's meeting! Bye now," says the student body president. You get up and leave the room you were sitting in for the student council meeting after school. You grab your bag and by coincidence, your walking route to the parking lot had you pass by the gyms. You hear shoes squeaking in every gym and realize it must be the boys and girls volleyball team. As you walk by the first gym's doors, a loud voice stops you.

"Hey, hey, hey, y/n! Wait for us!" Bokuto yells. You stop in your tracks and look. Bokuto has a broom in his hands. "We're done cleaning up, so wait!"

You scan the gym but don't see Akaashi. He must already be in the locker room. You shrug and sit on a bench where Yukie and Kaori are talking.

"I'm definitely going to fail that Algebra II test," Kaori groans.

You add, "The more I study, the more I get confused."

Kaori and Yukie giggle, and you hear Bokuto exclaim behind you, "Akaashi is super smart! He can help you study, y/n!"

You turn and see Bokuto and Akaashi with their bags over their shoulders. Akaashi sighs, "Do you need help studying, too, Bokuto-san? I'm sure you do."

Bokuto nods and then gasps, "Oh! Study date at Akaashi's house!"

You laugh, "Well, not today. Maybe this Saturday in the evening cause I work in the morning. Can you, Akaashi?"

Akaashi meets your eyes, "Saturday it is."