Chapter 12

Chapter 12

    The last bell of the day rings. The last bell before winter break.

    Finally, you sigh.

    You pick up your bag and head out.

    I wonder if the boys are going to still practice today?

    Well, knowing Bokuto, he would want to practice everyday.

    You nod to yourself and your feet head towards the gym one last time. When you hear a faint squeaking sound, you're sure the boys are in the gym. You peek inside, and you were right. There was poor Akaashi standing awkwardly while Bokuto gathered the volleyballs he had already spiked.

    Akaashi glances around and when he spots you he straightens his posture. "Y/n..."

    At the sound of your name, Bokuto looks up and when he sees you, he smiles wide. "Hey hey hey! Y/n! What's up? Oh oh, I'm having a party over winter break! You should come! You're coming."

    Akaashi, "Bokuto-san, give her a minute to respond."

    You cautiously walk closer to them, "Uh. Sure, I mean, why not?"

    Bokuto exclaims, "Aw yeah!" while Akaashi just smiles a bit.

"I'm glad you're coming." Akaashi whispers as Bokuto keeps rambling about the types of foods he's going to serve at the party.

    You met his eyes which were looking at you softly for a second and looked away, "Uh, yeah."

***

    I am not gonna do any of the homework my teachers left me to do over break.

You sigh and plop on your bed. I think I'm just going to sleep...

    As you try to close your eyes to take a nap, your phone goes off with a text notification. You roll your eyes and pick up your phone. You look at the name and it's...

    Akaashi.

Uh.

Akaashi ;)

Akaashi ;)

Hey

                            Me

HI

Akaashi;)

What you up to? I don't have hw so I'm kinda bored.

Your eyes widen. He wants to talk to me??

                                    Me

Nothing much actually. And I

don't got any plans for over break either

Haha

Akaashi ;)

I guess that means we can hangout

more often. Preferably without

Bokuto-san...

                                Me

Whats the tea on that?

Akaashi ;)

Haha. I just want US to get closer u know?

You pause. "AHHHHH"

You take a deep breath. "Okay. Yolo."

                            Me

Yeah, me too😊

Akaashi ;)

Wanna facetime?

Me

YES