Chapter 11

Chapter 11

    I need to relax. You look at the time. It's already 7 in the evening and your mom left to work. Actually, this is the perfect time to take a bath.

    You put aside your finished homework and stripped off your clothes in the bathroom. You put the bathroom lights on dim and slid into the warm bath water. You close your eyes and you can't help but think about Akaashi. You sigh. Romance kinda sucks.

    When 15 minutes pass, you get up and put on a bathrobe and carefully place a facemask on your face. When you enter your bedroom, your phone starts ringing. You look at the screen and you see Yukie and Kaori inviting you to a group facetime. You smile and pick up the phone.

    When your screen loads you say, "Hey guys!"

    "Ayyy"

    "What's up, y/n?"

    "Oh my God, why you look like that?"

    You roll your eyes. "It's a facemask. Duhhh. I'm having a night dedicated to myself :)"

    "Ooooh," Yukie exclaims, "We're gonna join you then, hehe. I'm gonna go grab some watermelon bites."

    "Yo," Kaori says, "Did you see the new episode of Love Me, Love Me Not?"

    You gasp, "Oh my God, noo. I totally forgot about it haha."

    Yukie comes back to the screen with her watermelon and says, "Well, I'm going to spoil it for you. I cannot believe homeboy decided to cheat on our main girl :/"

    You gasp. "HE. DID. NOT."

    Kaori shrugs, "Actually, I kinda expected it."

    You're about to reply, but you suddenly hear the doorbell ring.

    Huh? Mom is currently working, so it's definitely not her...

    You look at your phone, "I'll be back in a minute, someone's at the door."

    You place your phone down and tighten your bathrobe as you walk down the stairs. You peep through the peephole on the door and freeze.

    AKAASHI??!!!

You quickly throw open the door and Akaashi's eyes widen as he takes in your appearance.

    "What are you doing here, Akaashi?" You ask, very surprised.

    "Uh...your face..." Akaashi mutters.

    You quirk your head not knowing what he's talking about, but it takes you a second to realize that you are not in the best state. Your hand comes to your face and you feel the facemask. "Oh. My. God. I'm so sorry. Give me a minute. But come in. Please."

    You open the door wider to let Akaashi in, but you don't see the slight smirk Akaashi has on his face.    

    "Uh, just sit here. I'll be back." You point to the kitchen stool and then run up the stairs.

    You roughly grab your phone and whisper fiercely to Yukie and Kaori. "Guys. Guys. Guys. Akaashi is HERE."

    "AHHH," Yukie exclaims.

    Kaori winks. "Go get 'em, tiger. But not looking like that..."

    You roll your eyes, "Whateverrr. Bye, guys."

    You go to your bathroom to wash your face and make sure your hair is just a bit more presentable. Then, you put on some sweatpants and a t-shirt that says Let's Taco Bout It and head down the stairs again. When your feet touch the first floor, you see Akaashi standing in front of some family portraits hanging on the wall. Akaashi glances back at you and back at the frame where a picture of you and your parents was.

    "That's your mom... is that your dad?" He asks when he points to your dad's face.

    "Yeahh. He's working overseas right now, in the United States," You say.

    Akaashi nods with a cool expression, then his eyes move to your baby picture. "This you? You were a chubby baby..." He asks though he already knows the answer.

    "Uh, yeah. Not a very flattering picture." You mutter as you walk closer to him.

    He shrugs and breaks into a smile for the first time in the evening. "I think you look cute."

    You feel embarrassed and blush a bit and finally ask him, "Wait, what are you even doing here, haha."

    Akaashi looks at you, "Oh, right. I brought you a bento box." He smiles and lifts a wrapped box. "I wanted to make sure you are okay after storming off today." (Though he secretly understands why you left so quickly.)

    Your eyes widen. "Oh." You then smile, "Thank you!"

    "I also brought another one to eat with you if that's okay..." He slightly scratches the back of his head.

    You nod eagerly (maybe too eagerly). Jeez, calm down. You're going to seem so desperate to him.

    Oh, shut up. I can't stop myself. He's just so dreamy.

    You open your bento box and the delicious smell invades your nose, so you can't help but hum with glee. Akaashi watches you as you pick up some chopsticks and grab some vegetables. The two of you eat in a comfortable silence until you grab some more vegetables with your chopsticks and swallow.

    The food went down the wrong pipe.

    You start coughing and your throat constricts immensely.

You're choking.

Akaashi's eyes widen and he quickly gets out of his seat. "Oh my God, y/n!"

    He wraps his arms tightly around you and successfully makes you spit out the chunk of food. You fall to the ground and heavily gasp.

    Akaashi crouches next to you, "Are you okay? Was I too rough?"

    You shake your head and can't help but laugh. You laugh so hard and it leaves Akaashi very confused.

You gasp for air, "I'm sorry. That was so embarrassing and scary."

Once Akaashi understood that you tend to laugh in these weird situations, he starts to laugh with you.