Chapter 2: Nightmare

⚠️ Mild Gore

Earth 1
2:55 A.M
October 31, 2020

An ominous jolt startled (Y/N) out of her abysmal nightmare. Her chest rose and fell at an abnormally fast pace as her cheeks, wet from her tears, felt extremely hot despite the cold temperature of the room. She untangled her limbs from the bed sheets for her body breathe. The pounding of her heart against her rib cage wouldn't calm— it was driving her crazy.

(Y/N) stumbled out of her room, knocking a few objects along the way, in seek of Doyoung's warm arms. She let out a frightened cry and buried her face into her palms. Even her breaths trembled. She forcefully swallowed the thick lump of saliva stuck in her throat as the memory of the nightmare lingered.

Blood.

There was so much blood on her hands.

But the blood wasn't her's. It belonged to someone else... it belonged to her father. As his flesh splits into two, the mild crimson liquid pops from the barrier of his heart, seeping away from the wound in large quantities. The thick beads crawled briskly through his skin and clothing, etching bright red streaks along the way. She could only watch. (Y/N) had no control of her body nor mind; what makes the situation peculiar is that her father in reality is very much alive.

(Y/N)'s stomach felt sick.

She knows that it was only a nightly terror, that her father is still here, but it felt real. Too real. The grief, anger, and vengeance remained. It was coming in waves, engulfing and overwhelming her as the darkness unfolds, strangling her veins. She was lost in time, blinded by the tears stinging her bloodshot eyes.

"Doyoung-ah," she cried out loud, "bunny!"

She banged on his door, wishing for him to wake up and come right away to extinguish this sudden outburst of emotions she couldn't understand nor control.

"(Y/N)? What's wrong?!"

She sobbed on his chest, hands wrapping around his waist as she hugged him tightly. The tiredness on (Y/N)'s body dared to swallow her whole. Her ebony lashes fluttered, oblivion almost engulfing her into an eternal sleep. Doyoung carries (Y/N) to his bed bridal style, making sure that she was comfortable before laying down beside her. As usual, he hummed that sweet tune to ease her rapid heartbeats.

"(Y/N)," Doyoung said in a soft, whispery voice, "my bunbun... what happened?"

"P-Papa— I dreamed of papa get-getting killed," she stuttered. (Y/N) buried her face to his chest, hugging him so tight that it almost suffocated him. "It felt so real!"

"Shhh. He's okay. You're okay." He kissed her forehead, making (Y/N) hum in satisfaction. "It's just a dream. Your dad is strong and you know that. He's the Chief of Naval Operations in the Korean Navy, the highest ranking officer anyone could get. I'm sure he would kill the killer before the killer kills him."

"And if he can't protect himself..." Doyoung pulls away, leveling himself with (Y/N) eye to eye. He held her hands, thumbs softly brushing her skin as he gives her a heart-warming smile. "...I'm sure you will. You kicked the instructor's ass in Muay Thai class in your first day! Freaking sent fives dudes to the hospital with your kickboxing skills too when someone was picking a fight with Lucas and Winwin!"

(Y/N) laughed. The moonlight graced down Doyoung's face in its watery white-glow, bathing him, illuminating him as it accentuated his beautiful features. Slowly, he lifted his hands up to the parting locks covering her eyes and tucking them behind her ears.