Chapter 4: Touch Of A Soulmate

(Q/N): OT stands for "other self", which is (Y/N)'s parallel universe twin

Earth ???
3:30 AM
October 31, 2020

Fear smothered (Y/N) as the elevator descended down the floors in an agonizingly slow pace. It feels as if her bones have no more strength and her muscles are all out of power. She could cower back to her hotel room or stay so silent that no would dare approach her, but that scenario is inevitable— everyone wants to meet the Black Mamba.

Meeting Jieun was different.

(Y/N)'s OT and Jieun already shared a bond through their long years of inseparable friendship. With Jieun acting naturally and comfortably around her, (Y/N) had no troubles understanding her basic mannerisms right off the bat. But with other people—these dangerous and deadly people—are strangers. To make the situation worse, they have powerful abilities—abilities that (Y/N) herself can posses and control, but she wasn't experienced for obvious reasons; she have to rely on this body's muscle memory to act on autopilot if threatened.

As the elevator dinged, (Y/N)'s thoughts turned blank.

She let out controlled sigh as determination drove her on. 'Overcome whatever comes to you, father always used to say. Don't adapt the energy in the room. Influence it.'

(Y/N) wiped her face clean off emotions as she followed Jieun in a confident strut, careful to not miss a single step.

'Act like I belong. You know what they always say... fake it till you make it. Haha reminds me of that one YouTube video where a dude faked his way to London fashion week with an air bag around his neck, saying it was a fashion statement.'

.
.

Jieun smirks with pride as the crowd gathered around her beloved best friend. The hotel owner idolized (Y/N)— she thought of her as the kind of girl women loved to hate. With (Y/N)'s well-built muscles, which is gained from innumerable days of combat training, her body resembled a beautiful goddess living in mount Olympus.

Jieun loved (Y/N) with all her heart; she considered her as her own daughter, since Jieun was the one who essentially raised and trained her. In all the years Jieun roamed Earth, encountering one supernatural after the other, she could confidently state that (Y/N) was one of the most powerful yet.

And everyone is aware of it, not just her.

The ballroom fell silent upon their arrival.

Eyes darted at (Y/N)'s figure, faces contorting to fear and reverence. In that instant, as the (h/c) headed female gave them attention by slightly nodding her head, their skin greyed, mouth hanging with lips slightly parted and eyes as wide as they could stretch. Jieun was quite surprised that the assassin gave a nod, let alone acknowledged them in general.

It was an odd change, one that sent chills down her spine.

Friendly (Y/N) is never a good sign.

"Feel free to wander around, even converse with other people if you please. I'm going back doors to check if everything is functioning correctly with the staffs, meals, and so on. Hotel owner things," Jieun smiled, nudging for (Y/N) to go on.

(Y/N) left first before her mind crumbles and beg for Jieun to stay. As she sauntered to a vacant standing table, grabbing a red wine from one of the waiters along the way, men and women bowed in a sign of respect. A few cleared their throats, uncertain if they should approach the assassin now for either two reasons.

One: befriend her, such as inviting her to their affiliated group.

Two: want someone killed.

Of course no one would want to admit they want someone killed in front of a crowd so they result to number one then number two later in private.