Chapter 7: The Truth

Earth ???
5:00 AM
October 31, 2020

The steady breath that Hoseok had in motion gave way to deeper puffs when his two business partners, Namjoon and Seokjin, entered their royal suite hotel room, with one gravely injured from multiple burns while the other suffering from a dangerously low energy.

"What in the seven hells happened to both of you!?" Hoseok ran frantically towards them, arms darting to each disabled men to support their falling bodies that was about to collapse to the floor.

"It doesn't matter. I'm just fucking pissed," Namjoon growled underneath his breath, ignoring Hoseok's distraught questions.

The sorcerer clenched his jaw, attempting to bear the severe burns scattering all over his body. While Namjoon breathed, his mind flashes back to the ballroom. He belittled himself for being absentminded— Namjoon was too focused trying to drain Black Mamba of her energy that the fire touching his suit, which burned many parts of his skin, skipped over his mind. It was only when the adrenaline wore off did he realized that he was gravely hurt.

"Don't dodge my question," Hoseok said in a firm tone.

"Black Mamba," Seokjin answered in Namjoon's stead. "Black Mamba happened."

"What? H-How? How could she beat both of you?"

"Her rank is higher than Namjoon's. Though we've beaten multiple people who's a higher than our ranks before... she... she's way above everyone's league." He trembled, as if Seokjin was experiencing PTSD thinking about their fight. Never in his life was he beaten that bad, that fast, and by a woman. "Agreeing to fight was like signing our own death certificate..."

As the trio entered the living room, they see Jimin pacing back and forth silently. When Jimin stops talking telepathically or orally, they know there's a problem. They've know him for years and Jimin isn't capable of silence unless his brain is in complete overload.

Once Jimin casted his gaze over Namjoon and Seokjin's form, his gaze darkened. They felt chills running down their spine as the siren took steps in front of them and purposely bumped his shoulders against Namjoon's before completely leaving the room without uttering a single word.

"What— what was that?" Namjoon asked, dumbfounded.

"I don't know..." Hoseok responded breathlessly. "I tried to talk to him, but he refused me. I eventually gave up after I saw a porter carrying his luggages to his car. I'm guessing that he's leaving."

"Why?"

"Again... I don't know. Trust me. I'd like to know too, but something feels incredibly off, as if his soul is scrambled and pieces of it has latched into something."

"Do you think it's his soulmate?"

"I don't think so. If he did find his soulmate, he wouldn't stop talking about it," Seokjin chided. "Either way, I've never seen him like that."

"Me neither," Yoongi entered the room and immediately eyed the injured duo, "word got around fast regarding your 'fight' if you would even call it that, with Black Mamba."

Namjoon clenched his jaw. "Shut up."

"I would call both of you as imbeciles, but I'm not that cruel aren't I? And instead of mocking your tomfoolery, I actually applaud your stupid-braveness for once though I'm quite disappointed you didn't calculate how events could escalate, Namjoon."

"If you were facing her head on, you wouldn't even have time to think," the sorcerer reasoned.

Yoongi shrugged. "I wouldn't be facing her in the first place because I got the brains to not challenge her. Namjoon... you know that Black Mamba has her title for a reason— she's named after a snake for a reason."